Sponsored

D.I.Y. Active Aero'ish... on my Ecoboost Mustang

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
What up y'all.
So I built a D.I.Y. Active Aero for my ecoboost and wanted to share with y'all how I did it. It's NOT a tutorial, just a general video.
No I don't track the car but a guy can dream. I just wanted it cause I thought it was cool af.
There's companies that can sell you full ready made kits but if you have some skills you can build your own.
Using a GT500 wing from VICREZ.COM
Anyway, enjoy. If you don't like it good for you, move on...
ACTIVE AERO VIDEO
20220319_173802.jpg
Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
good work. would be cool to have some logic based programming so that it's not its not activated when your foot is on the brake while at a stop. Maybe even having it activated while coming out of a slow corner while accelerating hard

OP
OP
1miracle2

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
good work. would be cool to have some logic based programming so that it's not its not activated when your foot is on the brake while at a stop. Maybe even having it activated while coming out of a slow corner while accelerating hard
There was a guy that had some free code out there for that however I didn't have the parts I needed working right yet then. When I went to get the code about a month ago the website was down. Looks like it's being rebuilt but IDK for sure. There's also victorracing that sells full send active aero but they want $3K for the setup. As for me coding it, I don't have the time, patience or need for it at the moment. Doesn't bug me going up and down but it is a huge head turner.
Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Really nice diy! Response is def really slow, but if it's just for show and looks, it perfect for that. VR sells kits for any wing. At least they used to from what I remember. Might be worth asking if you can just get a control box and remote from them...you'd need to speed up those actuators drastically though.

OP
OP
1miracle2

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
Really nice diy! Response is def really slow, but if it's just for show and looks, it perfect for that. VR sells kits for any wing. At least they used to from what I remember. Might be worth asking if you can just get a control box and remote from them...you'd need to speed up those actuators drastically though.
I tried purchasing a module from them and they wouldn't sell me one.
The speed is fine for me ATM. I hit over 115mph or something around there in the car and the wing went up smoothly with no hesitation. If it were to go up any faster I think the wing would have a higher chance of snapping. I still might try 1 speed faster though at some point but I'm broke ATM lol.
Thanks for the feedback though.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Another 12 min video for 20 seconds of information. You got my click.

I like the concept but agree the actuators need to be faster to be any benefit on braking at speed.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I tried purchasing a module from them and they wouldn't sell me one.
The speed is fine for me ATM. I hit over 115mph or something around there in the car and the wing went up smoothly with no hesitation. If it were to go up any faster I think the wing would have a higher chance of snapping. I still might try 1 speed faster though at some point but I'm broke ATM lol.
Thanks for the feedback though.
That's too bad, guess they did away with that then.
Hope your wing stays in one piece though. Didn't realize it was abs when I watched the vid at first. any thought on having it just activate when your at a stop. ...still get that cool factor your after but don't have the worry about your wing snapping on light braking at hwy speed, or using any trunk bracing.

VRs activates by Gs for airbrakes, as you prob know. But I have mine set to flip down from 0-5mph for just fun on street. I wouldnt want it activating under normal light braking.

Anyway cool project...as long as your happy, and no one behind you on the hwy. Is gonna eat your wing when your brake...have fun with it.

OP
OP
1miracle2

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
Another 12 min video for 20 seconds of information. You got my click.

I like the concept but agree the actuators need to be faster to be any benefit on braking at speed.
I usually don't make longer videos and could care less for clicks. I was just trying to explain things. Thanks for the feedback though.

That's too bad, guess they did away with that then.
Hope your wing stays in one piece though. Didn't realize it was abs when I watched the vid at first. any thought on having it just activate when your at a stop. ...still get that cool factor your after but don't have the worry about your wing snapping on light braking at hwy speed, or using any trunk bracing.

VRs activates by Gs for airbrakes, as you prob know. But I have mine set to flip down from 0-5mph for just fun on street. I wouldnt want it activating under normal light braking.

Anyway cool project...as long as your happy, and no one behind you on the hwy. Is gonna eat your wing when your brake...have fun with it.
The wing as it stands is braced perfectly for the speed the actuators are moving at. I'm almost certain I can go up 1 more speed and be OK but I'm not 100%. I don't test this anywhere near traffic either, I would not want anyone to get hurt by half a wing flying into them lol.
As soon as I can I'll order some faster actuators.
Are you using VRs setup?

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I usually don't make longer videos and could care less for clicks. I was just trying to explain things. Thanks for the feedback though.

The wing as it stands is braced perfectly for the speed the actuators are moving at. I'm almost certain I can go up 1 more speed and be OK but I'm not 100%. I don't test this anywhere near traffic either, I would not want anyone to get hurt by half a wing flying into them lol.
As soon as I can I'll order some faster actuators.
Are you using VRs setup?
I am. it's still new to me though. Installed it over the winter

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Pretty cool man. Wish I could afford it.
Yeah it's pretty cool, not sure about functionality till I hit the track in a couple months but it's fun and impressive so far.

Building one yourself though is pretty damn cool though so hats off to you.

Here is a link to the install thread I made if your interested. Maybe seeing more of theirs could help you out with yours.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/victor-racing-active-aero-wing-install-guide-tips.169306/

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That's pretty cool. I love DIY stuff like this.
If you want faster action the electric actuators would need to be replaced with air cylinders and you would need a storage tank and compressor setup.

OP
OP
1miracle2

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
Yeah it's pretty cool, not sure about functionality till I hit the track in a couple months but it's fun and impressive so far.

Building one yourself though is pretty damn cool though so hats off to you.

Here is a link to the install thread I made if your interested. Maybe seeing more of theirs could help you out with yours.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/victor-racing-active-aero-wing-install-guide-tips.169306/
Hell's yeah, imma read up! Thx.

That's pretty cool. I love DIY stuff like this.
If you want faster action the electric actuators would need to be replaced with air cylinders and you would need a storage tank and compressor setup.
If I go up 1 speed I should be ok with electric actuators, keyword being "should" lol. I looked into pneumatic actuators and I didn't want to bother with any more air lines, more holes etc. The car is on air lift bags so I could have used the same tank. That's just too much work IMHO.
Thx for the feedback 🤙🏾.
Sponsored