BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hi All,
Trying to diagnose a low oil pressure warning even though the car is full of oil:whew:. Wish I had the PP for the oil pressure gauge. I just replaced the EOPS because the old one was squirting oil (not through the threads), so I'm hoping it's an oil pump, faulty new sensor or bad wire. prior to the car throwing an oil pressure warning and replacing the leaking EOPS, I was getting codes P0012 & P0015 for retarded intake and exhaust cam timing.
I was also 1/5 qrt low on oil due to the leak and once i replaced the sensor and filled it back up with oil i'm no longer getting cam codes. Was thinking the lifters were not getting enough oil flow to lift properly.
I'll be doing a oil pressure test tonight, but I did a compression test on all four cylinders for sanity's sake in fear of 'ecoboom'.:frown:
I found that 1&2 held 130psi and 3&4 held 150psi.
I believe the rule of thumb is anything under 100psi is a major red flag, but wanted to check with the community to see if y'all had any input or similar experiences?
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That sucks man. What mods do you have? What year is your car?

OP
OP
BoostedMTBer

BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
2015 EB Premium w/ 66k miles. I'm tuned w/ basic bolt on's: Race intercooler, Highflow catted DP, MAP charge pipes w/HKS, K&N drop in filter, NGK 1-step colder plugs & Mishimoto catch can w/ PCV delete.
I bought her used w/ 16k on the odometer, but she was a rental car prior, so i'm sure she was rode hard and left hung up to dry with shit oil, gas, & maintenance. Served me well so far! hoping it's not the end of the road

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm sorry man. Best of luck. You got a 15, I have a feeling it's toast but I certainly am no authority on these motors. I hope that it ends up working out. You might want to start pricing out a built block though.

OP
OP
BoostedMTBer

BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm sorry man. Best of luck. You got a 15, I have a feeling it's toast but I certainly am no authority on these motors. I hope that it ends up working out. You might want to start pricing out a built block though.
Haha thanks bud. you must be fun at party's :crackup:. We all know the day will come, but don't have the $$ to drop on a built block right after blowing my savings on an engagement ring. I'm an engineer and have always been a tinker, so I'll be getting my hands dirty stripping the engine down this weekend.
Best guess right now is that I have a rod knock issue due to low oil from the crappy sensor and I'm trying to remain ignorantly optimistic that the damage isn't too catastrophic.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Haha thanks bud. you must be fun at party's :crackup:. We all know the day will come, but don't have the $$ to drop on a built block right after blowing my savings on an engagement ring. I'm an engineer and have always been a tinker, so I'll be getting my hands dirty stripping the engine down this weekend.
Best guess right now is that I have a rod knock issue due to low oil from the crappy sensor and I'm trying to remain ignorantly optimistic that the damage isn't too catastrophic.
Oh ya I'm totally the life of the party lol. But seriously I hope it's a minor issue. Ya I don't blame u, crap gets pricy quick when you blow a motor(if you did). I've blown 3 in my time plus a transmission and a rear end. (Not this car). So I feel for you. Keep us posted on what you find.

Oh and congrats, hope your significant other says yes if not already

OP
OP
BoostedMTBer

BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Thanks! I did get a yes, but knew it was coming after she had a few too many drinks at a wedding and got all emotional about how she's ready.

Pro-Tip for the other oblivious dudes out there- if they start getting their nails done for every 'date-night'..... they are ready :cwl:

Always planned to rebuilt the engine on this thing and have fun with it... was just hoping she could make it until she wasn't my daily driver

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
I getting those same codes . What was the fix ?

OP
OP
BoostedMTBer

BoostedMTBer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I getting those same codes . What was the fix ?
that's not good. I spun a rod bearing, so had to rebuild the engine. I actually just got it running today for the first time in months. Start with checking your oil level. I'd also recommend running a compression test. you can rent a test gauge at your local autoparts store. you'll want to unplug the fuel pump. plug is under you rear drivers side seat. then pull your plugs and you'll insert your gauge. turn it over for a few seconds and check the pressure. any thing under 120psi is a red flag

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Don't have to unplug the fuel pump. Just press the gas pedal all way down and turn the engine over.

Sponsored

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
Thanks everyone. We shall give it a go and see what we found

OP
OP
BoostedMTBer

BoostedMTBer

Threads