tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Alright now I gotta ask where'd you top out at before you over heated the shit out of it?

And why on earth are you going for max speed in AZ in May? That's January/ February type stuff out here.
Got 174.8 first run and 176.2 my second run (gps confirmed). And cause I’m inpatient and curious. Also going to college soon so this was the most convienent time for me to push tcar Incase it broke.

What’s interesting was that during the first run the intake got so cold from how much air was being pushed through that iats were 10-15 degrees less than the ambient air temp. Stayed that way while I was cruising too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Surprised it got so hot when NA and on e85
It looked to me like the cooling system reached a point where it could cool any more. I have a log of my second run

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Alright here are the photos pulled off of the camera.
download (8).jpg
download (9).jpg
download (10).jpg
download (11).jpg
download (12).jpg
download (13).jpg
download (14).jpg
download (15).jpg

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Your biggest mistake was doing back to back runs. If you would have let it cool down real good before the second run you probably would have been ok

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Your biggest mistake was doing back to back runs. If you would have let it cool down real good before the second run you probably would have been ok
The runs were on separate days. And then on a later day is when it blew, I was doing a small pull probably just gotten into 3rd gear when it went.

I just think the runs and the heat were too much. That or the car didn’t fuel correct properly and let the car go lean. My guess is the piston ring went, car went lean and piston partially melted and spark plug melted

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Who tuned the car?
Wengerd they could get my intake to run properly but I kinda said f it and ran it anyway. Still could never figure out why they couldn’t get the intake to work. Tried fixing leaks, checking injectors, but it was always off like 30% fuel.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
ooooof at the photos.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
If the tune is done properly, it will protect itself when it runs lean with multiple layers of protection. If I were you, I’d proceed with caution because either the tune isn’t complete or there is something like a bad or clogged injector.
Tune was off on fuel and I took the risk and still ran the car like that anyway. I think I’m going to switch to Lund when I’m done with the rebuild.