jkartchner10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to get a "multi-mode" tune? I have the PP and I have never seen/heard anything about having a tune that has different modes depending on the driving mode the car is in.

For example:
Normal = max fuel efficiency
Sport+ = Performance mode
Track = All h*ll breaks loose
Rain/Ice = Tame as possible

If anyone has heard of this before/uses a set up like this please let me know/provide feedback! :like::beer:
Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
With an after market tune the drive modes are still intact, however you cannot change the actual ECU mapping via the drive mode toggle switch.

I presume any competent tuner is able to create a performance map and fuel economy map, however it is likely simpler and easier to adjust your driving habits. That way you get a 'best of both' without having to pull over a flash a different tune when you want to have some fun.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
mpg tune = dont push the gar hard, lol.

like was said, all your modes will be good still, if you need help with a lund custom tune, don't hesitate to reach out and ask

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what year your car is but the Power Pack 2 from Ford Performance maintains the driving modes. I can still tell the difference when I switch modes.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My AED FF tune for MY18 still has very distinct drive modes. From what I gather so do the Lund tunes.

d1331

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White
Sorry to re-ask but am about to use a Bama tuner that wife got me as a gift on my 17 GT premium and I can really tell the difference in sport+ compared to the others, so my question is am I correct in my reading that if I flash it with my tuner I will only have one mode and that will be the new tune from Bama.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Sorry to re-ask but am about to use a Bama tuner that wife got me as a gift on my 17 GT premium and I can really tell the difference in sport+ compared to the others, so my question is am I correct in my reading that if I flash it with my tuner I will only have one mode and that will be the new tune from Bama.
Your modes will stay intact. The tune does not eliminate them nor does it make changes to one mode and not to another.

I asked Lund if they could make a change to the throttle mapping and they said they could not make a change to one mode and not to another. The changes might leak into one of the modes and could cause issues. And that the stock throttle tables are not altered in the tune. I assume Bamas tunes are the same.

The sport plus mode feels different because it's more aggressive (as it is in the stock tune as well).

d1331

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White
Thanks for the information. I’m going to flash it tomorrow and see how it goes.
Sponsored