Custom tune for a Stock vehicle

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
Just curious of what gains should be expected on a 2018 with a 6spd. Down the road I may do boost but not in the next couple of years. Is it worth tuning now? (EDIT Best gas available here is 91)
Sponsored

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If you're sticking with pump gas (91 or 93) you'll probably see maybe 5-7hp and a little bit more torque. IMO not really worth it, especially for a manual car. A tune really wakes up the auto shifting if done correctly, but for a manual car it's not quite as beneficial.

If you're going with E85, you'll see more considerable gains especially in the mid range.

If you're going to spend $700 and possibly void your powertrain warranty, I'd go with the latter. Not much sense in doing all that for a handful of hp.

OP
OP
Canadian Crimson

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
If you're sticking with pump gas (91 or 93) you'll probably see maybe 5-7hp and a little bit more torque. IMO not really worth it, especially for a manual car. A tune really wakes up the auto shifting if done correctly, but for a manual car it's not quite as beneficial.

If you're going with E85, you'll see more considerable gains especially in the mid range.

If you're going to spend $700 and possibly void your powertrain warranty, I'd go with the latter. Not much sense in doing all that for a handful of hp.
I edited my original post to add that best available here is 91. That was kinda what I was thinking as well not major gains.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I edited my original post to add that best available here is 91. That was kinda what I was thinking as well not major gains.
I would NOT touch this bad boy at all, you have a Royal Crimson performance convertible. Talk about a rare spec. I get that you might be into modding and wanting more power but just consider how many are out there like your car... Probs not many plus stock is pretty great as is so there is a good chance it might hold its value better in the long run without mods.

OP
OP
Canadian Crimson

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I would NOT touch this bad boy at all, you have a Royal Crimson performance convertible. Talk about a rare spec. I get that you might be into modding and wanting more power but just consider how many are out there like your car... Probs not many plus stock is pretty great as is so there is a good chance it might hold its value better in the long run without mods.
I can tell you that there were 244 built with the same paint/trim codes according to Marti reports at least . I get what you mean, but wasn't looking at anything extreme . I also have a Ram 1500 EcoDiesel with an 8spd auto, a tune on that made a huge difference in the drivability of it. Which is basically what I was wondering about.

Sponsored

rebelyell22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange Mustang GT Premium
I gained 15hp with a dyno tune on my 21 10r80 when it was stock. I just ordered the Lund LRX and a tune from them, so weā€™ll see how it does. I just put headers on, so Iā€™m hoping for decent gains

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
I agree with EFI. Would make more sense if car was an auto as a tune really changes the trans behavior.

C-WOODS-70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 A-Code coupe, '67 A-Code coupe, '22 GT PP 6MT
I have a ā€™22 manual and got a 93 octane tune. Only mod is an Ingen Evolution air intake. It made a very noticeable difference in the lower rpm power (got rid of the low rpm bog). Donā€˜t know total hpā€™s gained, but well worth it in my opinion for waking up the engine at the low rpmā€™s.

Edit-93 octane is plentiful around here

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If the reluctance to rev and unclean pulls to redline haven't led you to pull your hair out all this time, then yeah don't bother. šŸ˜€

Or just buy a certified solution like Livernois.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I have a 22 GT premium 10r80 and have a steeda tune that I bought with 114mm max flow cai, and it made a significant difference, steeda claims 30hp/22tq and it is probably close to those #ā€™s. The best part it smoothed out the trans and tamed the nannyā€™s. Steeda tunes are known to be very safe and reliable, but donā€™t squeeze out every drop like Dyno tunning does. Like others have mentioned not sure with the manual.
Sponsored