Sponsored

Custom Rear Diffuser

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
$200? is that for the 24k gold or platinum version?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost Premium
$200? is that for the 24k gold or platinum version?
These obviously aren't for you. But like I've stated twice, I'm simply testing the market and seeing what people would deem reasonable pricing for these. Other people making similar setups are charging near $300. If you would like to positively contribute to this product, it would be nice to hear what you think is reasonable pricing? If not, no need to comment. Simple as that.

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I've went over my time,labor, supplies cost and shipping cost and I believe I can sell a set of 4 for $150,shipped.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
what are you making them out of? I'm not trying to be an ass but it can't take more than a few minutes with a template, so i guess cost depends entirely on the materials.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I've definitely been wrong before and after looking into materials for what i would make these out of I stand corrected. I thought supplies were much cheaper. how did you install them though? can you post some close up pics

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I've definitely been wrong before and after looking into materials for what i would make these out of I stand corrected. I thought supplies were much cheaper. how did you install them though? can you post some close up pics
They are each installed with two 1/4" black bolts. I can gladly take some up close shots tomorrow during the day light. And you're right, these aren't that cheap/easy to make, a CNC laser machine is the only way to make them with the accuracy you see here.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
cheaper than the others!!! hahahaha...I had to go down to $125(shipped) before anybody started buying mine...
13288218_1161100773909942_542363935_o.jpg
13271418_1158809017472451_1901076422_o.jpg

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I tried getting 200$ for mine too. I wish you the best of luck

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I tried getting 200$ for mine too. I wish you the best of luck
Wasn't even aware that you were one of the people selling these. Look great though :thumbsup:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
thanks :) not selling them anymore. sold 17 sets though. a aftermarket company picked up the design from me. not sure if/when they will have a product though

Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
You definitely need economies of scale and automation to make an affordable product. Handmade anything is always expensive.

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
You definitely need economies of scale and automation to make an affordable product. Handmade anything is always expensive.
These are not hand made. They are cut by a CNC laser cutter which runs on a program.

SorryOfficer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Your best bet is to figure how many you can fit on a standard 4 x 8 sheet of aluminum (6061 I'm assuming) and the cost of laser cutting the entire sheet.
Typically fabricators give discounts for quantity, and setting up the machine once makes it cheaper and easier than buying 10, or 20.

Setting up the press brake for bending the angle is generally the same, as well as powder coating multiples at once, in the oven at once.

Layout a 4x8, get a quote from a fab shop on that qty, then start a pre-order at a specified price. Once X amount of orders have been placed, send it out to be fab'd.

This comes from over a decade of doing sheet metal design and fabrication. And the picture you show of the aluminum plate has them 'timesaved' or 'jitterbugged' for a finish. That's an added cost. If youre going to powder coat them, just tell them to leave a natural finish on the aluminum.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

These are not hand made. They are cut by a CNC laser cutter which runs on a program.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Your best bet is to figure how many you can fit on a standard 4 x 8 sheet of aluminum (4041 I'm assuming) and the cost of laser cutting the entire sheet.
Typically fabricators give discounts for quantity, and setting up the machine once makes it cheaper and easier than buying 10, or 20.

Setting up the press brake for bending the angle is generally the same, as well as powder coating multiples at once, in the oven at once.

Layout a 4x8, get a quote from a fab shop on that qty, then start a pre-order at a specified price. Once X amount of orders have been placed, send it out to be fab'd.

This comes from over a decade of doing sheet metal design and fabrication. And the picture you show of the aluminum plate has them 'timesaved' or 'jitterbugged' for a finish. That's an added cost. If youre going to powder coat them, just tell them to leave a natural finish on the aluminum.

Good luck! :thumbsup:
You're absolutely right, and I'm actually making these myself with my machine at my shop, no need to outsource.
Sponsored