Sponsored

MMD Rear Diffuser Fins for Base Bumper S550's have arrived!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Getting my rear diffuser wrapped Tuesday and definitely gonna get a set of fins.

After I install my new navi....
After I install my new carbon fiber cockpit...
After I install my power pack stage 2...

Look like I'll be busy for a bit. Happy Holidays!!!
Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Thanks for the love everyone! I'll make sure to tell everyone over at MMD!

These are sick, I keep seeing them on more and more S550's and love them.

As long as they are installed properly, you do not have to worry about longevity, they aren't going anywhere!

-Will
Nvm

SorryOfficer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
MMD Rear Diffuser Base

Thanks to the guys @ AM for some quick shipping during the holiday season, as well as for the 6G forum member discount :thumbsup:

These aren't bad - but i'm not certain they'll stand the test of time either. The plastic is thin, and coupled with bitter cold winters, i'm not sure how brittle these will become. 3M tape is used, and honestly I've had cars/bikes well over the 150 mark with 3M tape. So them sticking to the bumper isn't the issue.

Luckily, as you can tell by the dust, I don't drive my car in the cold season. But some people may want to. I'd be interested to see how these hold up on cars that are driven in the snow, or brought through a car wash that isn't brushless.

All in all, I do like the way it changes the rear - for the price, I was expecting slightly more durable plastic. Makes me think about getting a 3D printer now ...

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Thanks to the guys @ AM for some quick shipping during the holiday season, as well as for the 6G forum member discount :thumbsup:

These aren't bad - but i'm not certain they'll stand the test of time either. The plastic is thin, and coupled with bitter cold winters, i'm not sure how brittle these will become. 3M tape is used, and honestly I've had cars/bikes well over the 150 mark with 3M tape. So them sticking to the bumper isn't the issue.

Luckily, as you can tell by the dust, I don't drive my car in the cold season. But some people may want to. I'd be interested to see how these hold up on cars that are driven in the snow, or brought through a car wash that isn't brushless.

All in all, I do like the way it changes the rear - for the price, I was expecting slightly more durable plastic. Makes me think about getting a 3D printer now ...

LOOKS GREAT! definitely getting them now!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

31501680640_807c2cb411_c.jpg
Looks great, got any other shots?

Sponsored

SorryOfficer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have a couple that i'll try to upload soon - weather has been garbage around here, and haven't had much time with the holidays.

SorryOfficer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Sorry for the garbage cell phone pictures, but you get the idea.

31874545475_8d88d88ea9_c.jpg

31065057303_8a9a622a11_c.jpg

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Can someone post pics of the MMD instructions included with the fins? Mine arrived today and the package contained instructions for a battery cover for 10-14 Mustangs... who knows who screwed that up.

Or just detailed instructions on how MMD recommends installing them... although it doesn't look like rocket surgery

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
can anyone help me out will the instructions? AM can only mail them... likely to arrive next week. Trying to install tonight so I can cruise on the weekend after the tape bonds

Sponsored

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Well I'm impatient... went ahead and completed the rocket surgery free hand.

I spent an hour on the outside ones alone trying to get over how theres no way around them being slanted slightly, then trying to make the gap symmetrical.

Now as long as I don't look at it will be fine...

Fripp64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang GT
My sons bought me these for Christmas. I spent the following day in the garage putting them on. It took about an hour and a claw hammer to remove the factory push pins underneath. I REALLY like the look of them and I've had several thumbs up since putting them on. Thanks Dylan and Christian...Pops is pleased!
REAR MMD 2.jpg
REAR MMD 3.jpg
rear MMD.jpg

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
I wonder how these will look at a triple yellow. I might need to have the lower valence painted black so it ties in better.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
My sons bought me these for Christmas. I spent the following day in the garage putting them on. It took about an hour and a claw hammer to remove the factory push pins underneath. I REALLY like the look of them and I've had several thumbs up since putting them on. Thanks Dylan and Christian...Pops is pleased!
is that guard? trying to see how it would look on guard