Credit where credit is due

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I complain a lot about the shortcomings of these cars but I gotta give ford some props on one thing...

working on this car is really easy. its like stuff was actually very well thought out. I just got done adding some sound deadening to the doors and it was really easy. nothing broke coming off, it all just made sense.
they even added actual bolts to secure the door card to the car.i pulled all the rear interior out. same thing, just easy.

all of the suspension stuff is easy to get to and the oil change was cake. like, nothing i've messed with so far has been a serious PITA to deal with.

its just nice.

thanks, ford. good job.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Nice to read posts like this. Agreed. Easy cars to own for DIY'rs.

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
I came into this from very little mechanical knowledge and even I seem to be able to do a decent amount. Currently intimidated by headers. But outside of that I totally agree with you. This was one of my best investments to date.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I agree. For a modern car, they really do make it easy. Apart from a few weird niggles like the #4 spark plug (which is totally manageable, just annoying), everything is well laid out and has good access.
HA! Good access?

I invite anyone to come try to check the oil level on my 2020 GT vert with the strut tower brace. I’m pretty sure a latter-day descendant of the Marquis de Sade participated in the design.

It took me 10 minutes to even find the dipstick the first time and that was with the owner’s manual and a flashlight!

Sponsored

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
When I went from an F body to a cobra I realized how much easier things like changing spark plugs were. Mustangs in general have typically been straight forward and decent to work on compared to others.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
HA! Good access?

I invite anyone to come try to check the oil level on my 2020 GT vert with the strut tower brace. I’m pretty sure a latter-day descendant of the Marquis de Sade participated in the design.

It took me 10 minutes to even find the dipstick the first time and that was with the owner’s manual and a flashlight!
Are the verts dipstick in a different location than the hardtops or something? Because it's pretty easy to find on my 2020 lol

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Are the verts dipstick in a different location than the hardtops or something? Because it's pretty easy to find on my 2020 lol
I can only tell you that I’m not exaggerating.

You pretty much have to stand on your head to find the darn thing (yellow color notwithstanding), much less actually check it.

Maybe you don’t have the strut tower brace?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Compared to other modern vehicles, the Mustang is indeed incredibly easy to work on. Try doing a simple maintenance task on a French car, for instance; you'll struggle and swear for half a day, then you'll just give up and set fire to the damn thing. :giggle:
It may not be perfect, there may be little niggles here and there, but all things considered it's really all right by modern standards.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
HA! Good access?

You pretty much have to stand on your head to find the darn thing (yellow color notwithstanding), much less actually check it.

Don't worry about a solid upper brace blocking the dip stick, it was a pain at first but I stumbled on a method that makes it very easy :
  1. Stand on the left side of the car level with the brace.
  2. Right hand on the right side of the brace, down low just over the top of the dip stick tube.
  3. Left hand on the left side of the brace holding the dipstick.
  4. From the front of the car, point the end of the dipstick under the brace at your right hand.
  5. Feed it down the dipstick hole with your right hand in small movements, maybe 75mm at a time.
  6. Don't apply any force with the left hand, use that hand just to keep the dipstick as vertical as possible and to stop the top of the dipstick from flopping around and / or marking the strut bar.
That method is that easy, it really makes the position of the strut bar a non issue :like:

WD :like:
WD :like:

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
HA! Good access?

I have the strut tower brace, and while it's annoying to get the dipstick out, it's not hard once you know which way to pull it. I removed the sound tube (FP kit), which makes it even easier.

The strut tower brace is annoying if you don't do an engine cover delete though, since any time you want to do literally anything, step 1 is remove strut tower brace lmao

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT

I do. The stock one. I never had an issue lol.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
HA! Good access?

Try checking the transmission fluid level on a 10R80! Other than that, I agree that these are pretty easy to work on.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
HA! Good access?

This sounds like it is above some folk's pay grade......?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Compared to other modern vehicles, the Mustang is indeed incredibly easy to work on. Try doing a simple maintenance task on a French car, for instance; you'll struggle and swear for half a day, then you'll just give up and set fire to the damn thing. :giggle:
It may not be perfect, there may be little niggles here and there, but all things considered it's really all right by modern standards.
:cwl: True. Then wait 7 months for parts.
Sponsored