zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
It's your car. It has to make you happy first and foremost. If it riles up the purist snobs then that's their problem. I think the lone cobra emblems look cool.

I'm slowly building up my car to pay tribute to the '67 GT500- a car I've always lusted over, but I'll never be able to afford. I'm not doing it to fool anyone. I'm doing it to make me happy while having a modern car I can daily. Life is way too short to fret about the opinions of strangers.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Those who can build, build. Those who can’t, buy. I’d rather have built it myself than bought it. Good luck with your project.
Sponsored

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Those who can build, build. Those who can’t, buy. I’d rather have built it myself than bought it. Good luck with your project.
Thanks man. Looks like you'll have more than enough to back up those snake emblems with that giant blower! Eventually I'll go FI as well to "back up" all of the 60s muscle car flare I'll have going. Nothing too radical, as I'm just building a stoplight cruiser that's comfortable to get around town first, and play around with Challengers and Camaros second. I don't do any serious racing, so I'm just concentrating on making the car fit me and my driving habits. Just a fun way to get to work and make me happy when I look at it.

Off topic, I see you're also looking forward to the Bronco. I'm closely following it and I'm very excited to see what they come up with.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. Looks like you'll have more than enough to back up those snake emblems with that giant blower! Eventually I'll go FI as well to "back up" all of the 60s muscle car flare I'll have going. Nothing too radical, as I'm just building a stoplight cruiser that's comfortable to get around town first, and play around with Challengers and Camaros second. I don't do any serious racing, so I'm just concentrating on making the car fit me and my driving habits. Just a fun way to get to work and make me happy when I look at it.

Off topic, I see you're also looking forward to the Bronco. I'm closely following it and I'm very excited to see what they come up with.
Yes, sir. Plan on trading in the JK Wrangler if Ford gets it right.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
If you like your car to look like every other car on the road, that’s your choice. The Cobra’s been dead for 14 years, nobody’s going to mistake me for a 2004. And I suppose all you naysayers think all the Eleanor GT500 clones and Boss clones for the last 40 plus years are pretty sad too, right?
Yes all those including your “cobra” are pathetic.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Pathetic? Really? A bit harsh. Maybe just STFU if you don't have anything positive to say. Gimme a break already with all the haters. What about when guys do clone SS Camaros or Yenkos? They sell for big $ as known clones or copies, and no one bashes them to the same degree.
Now if a V6 guy puts Cobra badges on a car, that's just ridiculous. The original poster is basically making a GT500 clone of sorts. Not really a "poser" wannabee. Its completely different.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Pathetic? Really? A bit harsh. Maybe just STFU if you don't have anything positive to say. Gimme a break already with all the haters. What about when guys do clone SS Camaros or Yenkos? They sell for big $ as known clones or copies, and no one bashes them to the same degree.
Now if a V6 guy puts Cobra badges on a car, that's just ridiculous. The original poster is basically making a GT500 clone of sorts. Not really a "poser" wannabee. Its completely different.
At least some people still have some common sense in the world. Thanks for chiming in.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
kasent.jpg

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Horsepower numbers???
Just finished it a few hours ago, then I installed the boost a pump and cleaned up the garage. Ran it up to op temp to make sure there were no issues. Tomorrow will be the maiden voyage and I’ll have to schedule the dyno pull. I’m off Monday so I might try and see if I can squeeze in at one of the local places.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Cool. Post em up when you get them. Should be a peppy lil motor now.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Just finished it a few hours ago, then I installed the boost a pump and cleaned up the garage. Ran it up to op temp to make sure there were no issues. Tomorrow will be the maiden voyage and I’ll have to schedule the dyno pull. I’m off Monday so I might try and see if I can squeeze in at one of the local places.
Looks like the install went pretty smooth. Looks nice. The KB has a clean look. Look forward to hearing how she runs.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I like the snake emblems...Not a fan of the fender badges, but way to go!