Crazy DSS DS Vibration at 60+mph

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Beefcake says DSS has a newer version of ds for the S550. Not sure if that means it is vibration free. All I know is, $1K is a lot of money to pay for a ds and not have it rotate as smooth as butter. It’s even more frightening to hear that DSS couldn’t care less about customers just trying to get straightened out after spending all that money on their product.
Sponsored

RedRoush17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Mustang
Beefcake says DSS has a newer version of ds for the S550. Not sure if that means it is vibration free. All I know is, $1K is a lot of money to pay for a ds and not have it rotate as smooth as butter. It’s even more frightening to hear that DSS couldn’t care less about customers just trying to get straightened out after spending all that money on their product.
I agree..Not sure if mine is the older or newer version but you would think they would be more concerned and helpful when talking to them...

RedRoush17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Mustang
OK quick update...Sent my DSS driveshaft out for balance check and they said it was spot on...I am going to reinstall it and check the angle and possibly try shimming the trans crossmember...?
Anyone tried this and what did you use for shims? Thanks

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
OK quick update...Sent my DSS driveshaft out for balance check and they said it was spot on...I am going to reinstall it and check the angle and possibly try shimming the trans crossmember...?
Anyone tried this and what did you use for shims? Thanks
You’ll fight it forever.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Your supposed to properly set up a one-piece driveshaft, all the experts agree that the engine and transmission should be set in the chassis with the rear approximately 3 degrees below horizontal (a magnetic protractor can be used to check this angle). In the rear, the angle of the rear end pinion will be set to 3 degrees above horizontal. When the car is finished with all the weight added you should recheck the pinion angle. If any added weight has changed the pinion angle, correct it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Also, IMO considering the weight of the stock 2-piece driveshaft is more towards the center, and aftermarket 1-piece DS is more towards the outside, I don't think there's much difference in rotating inertia. Stock DS is only like 35lbs. Could be 100% wrong though Haha.

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I had a DSS aluminum shaft in my 2013 GT and did t have any issues, but I will say, I’ve read lots of negative reviews on their products as of late.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I installed a DSS 4inch Driveshaft (for the 6R80) early December of last year. Just got a chance to drive it today and had no issues. I ordered it from Shelby American and it's been flawless so far.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase