CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you just used a crap example but asbestos fibers does not equal mRNA vaccine. I had more mRNA in my grilled ribeye steak earlier today. So then I reason I will be completely fine.

False equivalence?
I hope all works out well for you. As for me. I am happy and healthy. And have survived COVID19 earlier this year. BTW where did you get your medical degree from?
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Asking one more time, what points have you made the cannot be refuted?

The lack of self-awareness in this thread is astounding.
Hello; In your particular case and with respect to one particular post you did not address the point I made about the mask information being anecdotal evidence. I do not yet know if you cannot refute this, but you clearly did not and have not yet done so. That I have to spell it out again even after you quoted me may be telling.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
I hope all works out well for you. As for me. I am happy and healthy. And have survived COVID19 earlier this year. BTW where did you get your medical degree from?
Temple University my friend. Good ole Philly. Any other questions??

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; In your particular case and with respect to one particular post you did not address the point I made about the mask information being anecdotal evidence. I do not yet know if you cannot refute this, but you clearly did not and have not yet done so. That I have to spell it out again even after you quoted me may be telling.
Dude, WTF? Really? It was in my post you supposedly read.

"Data regarding the “real-world” effectiveness of community masking are limited to observational and epidemiological studies."

Then go look at the studies and then come back with some specific questions. Otherwise, it is like a two year old asking "why?" over and over and over.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
And I'm glad you recovered. Hopefully you don't have any persistent effects...no lingering shortness of breath, decreased exercise tolerance, fatigue etc.

Hope you stay safe next season, or next round, or next variant.

Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle

"Data regarding the “real-world” effectiveness of community masking are limited to observational and epidemiological studies."

Then go look at the studies and then come back with some specific questions. Otherwise, it is like a two year old asking "why?" over and over and over.
Easy on him Tommy Devito..no need to pop the trunk and start stabbin

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; Point being in a number of past posts where "real world" examples were used you, several times, made comments about them being anecdotal and dismissed those for being anecdotal. So it appears anecdotal evidence you favor is fine and anecdotal evidence you do not favor is bad.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
And I'm glad you recovered. Hopefully you don't have any persistent effects...no lingering shortness of breath, decreased exercise tolerance, fatigue etc.

Hope you stay safe next season, or next round, or next variant.
I am well with no lingering effects. Than you for your concern. Speaking of variants. Every year influenza goes around. Sometimes they get the vaccine right and it works. Other times not. My PCP and I had that talk several years ago. Two years in a row I received the flu shot. Later in the season I developed the flu. He said the vaccine mix missed it both years. So with variants the efficacy of the vaccine declines.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; Point being in a number of past posts where "real world" examples were used you, several times, made comments about them being anecdotal and dismissed those for being anecdotal. So it appears anecdotal evidence you favor is fine and anecdotal evidence you do not favor is bad.
You don’t know the meaning of the term. Wow. Observational and epidemiological studies are by definition not anecdotal.

Shaking my head...

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
I am well with no lingering effects. Than you for your concern. Speaking of variants. Every year influenza goes around. Sometimes they get the vaccine right and it works. Other times not. My PCP and I had that talk several years ago. Two years in a row I received the flu shot. Later in the season I developed the flu. He said the vaccine mix missed it both years. So with variants the efficacy of the vaccine declines.
In terms of vaccines for the Influenza and COVID-like illnesses (going forward). It's a game of likelihood and predictions.

Too bad the game involves your health, and in some cases, your life. I place my bets accordingly, and always advise others to do the same.

You might not lose all the time...but when you do - you might lose everything.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
In terms of vaccines for the Influenza and COVID-like illnesses (going forward). It's a game of likelihood and predictions.

Too bad the game involves your health, and in some cases, your life. I place my bets accordingly, and always advise others to do the same.

You might not lose all the time...but when you do - you might lose everything.
The long term health effects of the COVID19 vaccine are unproven. There is a 99.8% survival rate for this flu. With the majority of the 0.2% of the fatalities having comorbidities that increase risk of death. The odds are on my side without the vaccine. The odds for future health issues for the COVID19 vaccine are unknown. I'm gonna let you BETAS go first.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
anecdotal data - Bing

In science, definitions of anecdotal evidence include:

"casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis"

You don’t know the meaning of the term. Wow. Observational and epidemiological studies are by definition not anecdotal.

Shaking my head...
Hello; Gathering information from a single airplane flight where the variables are not under rigorous control fits. I taught the scientific method for many years so have some idea of what it takes to set up a proper experiment. The information gathered from that particular flight can be a good start toward forming an hypothesis. To be of real value one variable at a time needs to be tested in a controlled environment so the hypothesis can be tested. After running the experiment in controlled conditions the hypothesis is confirmed or refuted.
If your experiment claims to have confirmed the hypothesis, then the experiment is repeated by others to see if they get the same results.
And yes before some one chimes in there is more to setting up such an experiment. You need a "standard" for one thing. Such as when a new medication is tested. Some get the medication and others get a sugar pill sort of thing.
Such was the context when I used the term anecdotal.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The numbers of newly infected people kept climbing at the same rate as before the orders.

I was expecting to see the numbers slow or level off after 3 weeks. It did not happen thus my saying no evidence.
Given that this virus has an exponential spread, seeing “the same rate of infections” is actually a win.
Some might even cite that as evidence for the efficacy of the implemented measures.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The long term health effects of the COVID19 vaccine are unproven. There is a 99.8% survival rate for this flu. With the majority of the 0.2% of the fatalities having comorbidities that increase risk of death. The odds are on my side without the vaccine. The odds for future health issues for the COVID19 vaccine are unknown. I'm gonna let you BETAS go first.
Hello; as one of the beta testers I do get your point. I did and do understand the vaccine is an unknown in terms of risk down the road. The term "safe" ought to be understood within the context that the companies making the vaccines were given liability immunity ( legal immunity). That means I cannot sue them or seek compensation for any side effects which may come along down the road from taking their vaccine. If some such bad outcome comes along it will be my tough luck. I, at least, understood this to be the case before I let them jab me. Fingers are crossed.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
We'll gladly leave you sheep behind 🐑
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.