Costco Tires

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
And your the biggest dumbass. Just read thru your posts, all you do is get confrontational with people. No helpful content what so ever.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have to admit I say motor....and especially when talking to other gear heads...that also say motor. I own a lawn motor...but dang if it isn't electric lol . I'm just messing with you. I have no problems with whatever people call different parts.

Gasoline engine, electric motor. We have engines, Tesla’s have motors (not under the hood but at the wheels😁).

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I don’t know how they caused that much damage to the wheel. I worked at a tire shop for a few months so I know what damages the wheel and have seen a lot of bad practices. Typically the first step is to unseat the bead and that’s a big metal piece that pushes the tire away from the wheel (typically where the tire pressure sensor can be broken if not paying attention). That’s more than likely what caused the damage on the lip in the 2nd picture they probably didn’t aim it right and hit the wheel. Or it could’ve been the duckbill (part that pushes tire down while in mounting it). The first pictures damage was probably caused by the claws that hold the wheel on the machine. Third picture was more than likely caused by a bar used to lift the tire or they might have dropped it. The problem with these wholesale clubs and big name brand shops (Firestone, Sears, etc.) is that they hire anyone and if you’re in an area that doesn’t sell a lot they’re probably using old machines that are more likely to cause damage. My shop used old machines but if a painted wheel came in I would take the extra 5 minutes to tape up the wheel with painters tape and put rags on the claws that hold the wheel to protect from damage. Maybe you can ask them to do that if they get you a new wheel. But in the future i think the best option is shop with lots of volume that specializes in selling quality wheels because they’re going to have the best machines to not scratch them.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have to admit I say motor....and especially when talking to other gear heads...that also say motor. I own a lawn motor...but dang if it isn't electric lol . I'm just messing with you. I have no problems with whatever people call different parts.
I say wheel also but don't get offended when people say rim, since I used to say it. BTW, what do you call that thing under the hood that makes your car go???
Pfft. My car is moved by the apparatus located under the elongated piece of metal above it.

OP
OP

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Take your car back, costco is huge on customer service and should make it right.
The tire center manager denied responsibility :facepalm:

It's not the end of the world, but it is definitely frustrating.

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
The tire center manager denied responsibility :facepalm:

It's not the end of the world, but it is definitely frustrating.
Run that up to corporate. It’s their fault they have to fix it. Typically they will give you a new wheel.

OP
OP

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I will recommend discount tires, one guy scuffed up one of my rims mounting it, they bought me a new rim and gave me the scuffed one as a spare, it wasn't terrible, but it did have a couple nicks, from the "duck bill?" I think they called it.

anyway I stick with DT for all my tires/purchases, though, before I go in there, I have the shop manager go over every wheel with me to inspect for damages, I even take photos. Lol

my spokes are exposed, further than the rim edge, so its not as easy as a rim with flush/recessed spokes.

run the damage up Costco's leadership, Costco is amazing! as a company, I support them fully, and im sure if you ring a few phones, its get fixed.
Im not sure if Discount Tires is up here in Canada, but I'll take your word for it!

Manager denied responsibility, says their equipment wouldn't have done the damage but when I walked through the shop, it looked like pretty old and outdated stuff. I have no issues with Costco itself, just their tire center in my area needs some work :cwl:

Oh well, life goes on. At least the Michelins feel nice lol

Last edited:
OP
OP

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Run that up to corporate. It’s their fault they have to fix it. Typically they will give you a new wheel.
Hopefully, I spent like 15 minutes on the phone listening to him going in circles about how he doesn't think its their fault lol. Apparently video surveillance captures "eVeRyThinG" and blindspots don't exist in his eyes.

I don’t know how they caused that much damage to the wheel. I worked at a tire shop for a few months so I know what damages the wheel and have seen a lot of bad practices. Typically the first step is to unseat the bead and that’s a big metal piece that pushes the tire away from the wheel (typically where the tire pressure sensor can be broken if not paying attention). That’s more than likely what caused the damage on the lip in the 2nd picture they probably didn’t aim it right and hit the wheel. Or it could’ve been the duckbill (part that pushes tire down while in mounting it). The first pictures damage was probably caused by the claws that hold the wheel on the machine. Third picture was more than likely caused by a bar used to lift the tire or they might have dropped it. The problem with these wholesale clubs and big name brand shops (Firestone, Sears, etc.) is that they hire anyone and if you’re in an area that doesn’t sell a lot they’re probably using old machines that are more likely to cause damage. My shop used old machines but if a painted wheel came in I would take the extra 5 minutes to tape up the wheel with painters tape and put rags on the claws that hold the wheel to protect from damage. Maybe you can ask them to do that if they get you a new wheel. But in the future i think the best option is shop with lots of volume that specializes in selling quality wheels because they’re going to have the best machines to not scratch them.
Wanna be my go-to tire technician? lol

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
One minute you're OH life goes on, the next minute, you're back on the phone or posting more whining about damage to the rim.

It is to bad and unacceptable that a shit shop screwed up the rim. But honestly what did you expect? Getting a low ball shop to work on the car...... News flash you get what you pay for. Maybe learn something, and then life goes on, not until.

Why do I go to a tire shop and pay a little more you may ask? My answer is look at your rim.
OH well life goes on

baezj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That kind of damage is completely unsat and inexcusable. I would definitely talk to the store manager and not let it go.

I've been getting Michelin tires from Costco for many years without a single issue. Sorry to hear you got screwed like that.
Sponsored