Yeah that completely sucks.
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
*Update*

Just got my tires done at Costco, good news and bad news.

Good: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 feel great

Bad: They f**ked up one of my rims :facepalm:

I expected a little bit of scratching on the edge of the rims but damn 😂

rim1.jpeg
rim2.jpeg
rim3.jpeg

rim4.png
OP Sorry to see how Costco messed up your rims. I used to own a 2010 Infiniti G37 sedan and used BJ's tire center to mount tires purchased from them. When I got the car back, I saw so many scuff marks on the lip of the rims (all 4) and there was damage to the finish around the lug nuts as if the tech used the wrong size socket and just plain didn't care for the finish of the rims. I was furious and spoke with the manager, they completely washed their hands from taking responsibility saying the damage was already there. Anyway, I decided that day to never trust these half ass techs to do even a simple job like mounting tires. I take my Mustang to a high end shop and have never had a SINGLE issue with rims being damaged when they balance and rotate tires OR when I got new tires installed a couple of months ago. I have almost 40K miles on the car and the rims look new because I went to a shop where they care about my car as much as I do. Hopefully Costco will make you whole. Good luck

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I will recommend discount tires, one guy scuffed up one of my rims mounting it, they bought me a new rim and gave me the scuffed one as a spare, it wasn't terrible, but it did have a couple nicks, from the "duck bill?" I think they called it.

anyway I stick with DT for all my tires/purchases, though, before I go in there, I have the shop manager go over every wheel with me to inspect for damages, I even take photos. Lol

my spokes are exposed, further than the rim edge, so its not as easy as a rim with flush/recessed spokes.

run the damage up Costco's leadership, Costco is amazing! as a company, I support them fully, and im sure if you ring a few phones, its get fixed.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I always have the service manager come out to the car and do a walk-around inspection with me, as I record it on my phone. We both state loud enough to be picked up on the recording that there are no current damages.

Sponsored

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
I will recommend discount tires, one guy scuffed up one of my rims mounting it, they bought me a new rim and gave me the scuffed one as a spare, it wasn't terrible, but it did have a couple nicks, from the "duck bill?" I think they called it.

anyway I stick with DT for all my tires/purchases, though, before I go in there, I have the shop manager go over every wheel with me to inspect for damages, I even take photos. Lol

my spokes are exposed, further than the rim edge, so its not as easy as a rim with flush/recessed spokes.

run the damage up Costco's leadership, Costco is amazing! as a company, I support them fully, and im sure if you ring a few phones, its get fixed.
+1--good advice.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Better then Wallmart is my guess. But all the $$$ at the gas pump, will buy a new rim.

And a happy meal.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Ok, pet leave of mine. Tires get mounted on WHEELs, the rim is part of the wheel, as in “the rim of the wheel”.

Kind of like saying “Bullets “ instead of cartridges.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, pet leave of mine. Tires get mounted on WHEELs, the rim is part of the wheel, as in “the rim of the wheel”.

Kind of like saying “Bullets “ instead of cartridges.
wat

tire is rubber
tread is rubber

the following can be used interchangeably.- atleast how ive always done it
rim is wheel
wheel is rim

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
Many people use term "wheel" as a "rim" meaning the entire metal part to which the tire is mounted because rim and wheel are usually cast or pressed from a single piece of metal. The main difference between wheel and rim is that rim is not the whole wheel but only a part of the wheel

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Many people use term "wheel" as a "rim" meaning the entire metal part to which the tire is mounted because rim and wheel are usually cast or pressed from a single piece of metal. The main difference between wheel and rim is that rim is not the whole wheel but only a part of the wheel
Do you have a crecent wrench or vice grips by any chance? ROFL.

Chill.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
No, but I have some Kleenex so you can blow your nose.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I say wheel also but don't get offended when people say rim, since I used to say it. BTW, what do you call that thing under the hood that makes your car go???

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
I say wheel also but don't get offended when people say rim, since I used to say it. BTW, what do you call that thing under the hood that makes your car go???
Gasoline engine, electric motor. We have engines, Tesla’s have motors (not under the hood but at the wheels😁).

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Gasoline engine, electric motor. We have engines, Tesla’s have motors (not under the hood but at the wheels😁).
Gee you are now theeeeeee smartest person on the entire forum..... LOL.
Sponsored