Sponsored

Cost For BG Synchro Shift II?

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
So, I get that everything costs more in California but today I was quoted $213.43 to replace my trans fluid with BG by a local shop I found on the BG website. I know it's probably the 43 cents that's making this number look so big but I was anticipating $100-$120.

Is this reasonable?
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
F that shop in the B......until they bleed. If I was still out there brother I'd give ya a hand for sure. Lived in Mountain View and did many a trip to FHL w/runs to SLO for some Firestone back in the day.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
F that shop in the B......until they bleed. If I was still out there brother I'd give ya a hand for sure. Lived in Mountain View and did many a trip to FHL w/runs to SLO for some Firestone back in the day.
I appreciate the offer. Thank you!

I discovered that this particular shop is the only one in the area (out of 8) that actually has the Synchro Shift in stock. I'm sort of at a loss here; I imagine going to the Ford dealer and asking them to change it is most likely frowned upon. Since it doesn't need to be changed again for approximately 1,000,000 miles, I'm inclined to just smile and nod when they stick it into me in the hopes they won't break it off real hard.

The next one, I'll be ready for.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I get it but my days of crawling around under cars are not only long gone, they never existed in the first place. Plus, my knees and back are shot, I don't have a floor jack, jackstands, a lift, or the slightest understanding of what goes on down under. The absolute best outcome I could hope for on a do it myself basis is that the car falls on me.

Prop 65 is for... other people. Or that guy in the last YouTube video I saw who thought a 10-quart drain pan was just perfect to hold 10 quarts of oil and dumped half of it on his driveway trying to transfer it to a 12-quart bucket.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In that case, ask around with the people you know for a reliable mechanic to do it for you. You buy the oil and pay someone a decent fee for the job. I'd say, as long as you take the car to them...no more than $50-$80 range. You'd be amazed some great mechanics just want a good bottle of booze or case of beer for that job just because someone recommended them.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
In that case, ask around with the people you know for a reliable mechanic to do it for you. You buy the oil and pay someone a decent fee for the job. I'd say, as long as you take the car to them...no more than $50-$80 range. You'd be amazed some great mechanics just want a good bottle of booze or case of beer because someone recommended them.
I just thought of someone I could ask. Your post triggered that. Thank you.

And thank you to all for your insights!

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck and don't pay too much. If you lived here I'd put it on my lift and do it for a case of beer...IPA or a decent bottle of bourbon.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Good luck and don't pay too much. If you lived here I'd put it on my lift and do it for a case of beer...IPA or a decent bottle of bourbon.
And I'd be happy to pay. :beer:

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I swapped the trans fluid myself Captain; bring that bad boy to Montana and we'll put my A&P/IA rating to good use.

FG7XXPhh.jpg

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I swapped the trans fluid myself Captain; bring that bad boy to Montana and we'll put my A&P/IA rating to good use.

FG7XXPhh.jpg
Only if you let me have some stick time on that rocket ship, I mean, Baron.

Don’t be surprised if we show up someday. :like:

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
Swapped over to BG Synchro Shift ll, today and all I can say is that it makes a big difference on my 6 speed, it is so smooth and quiet now.
My local mechanic bought the BG kit and did the drain and fill for $114 out the door
Sponsored