Syncro Shift II

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I never tried the "Calimer Cocktail" but using the Red Line DCT Fluid mine shifts smooth COLD anyway!!:like:

Keep in mind that COLD here is never below 35* and ALWAYS 75* or more in Summer!! :wink:
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I just changed mine to BG SyncroShift . Much better 1-2 shift .

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys, talked to a Redline tech support guy, and asked him why their DCTF is not listed under the 2019 Bullitt, and he said because it doesn't comply with Ford's specs. That was the main reason I was going to go with it, because people on this forum said it was the only one to do so. Since that's not the case, now what? At least that is a DCT, vs the Snychro-Shift II, which is not, and doesn't seem to be an improvement at least on 2018+ MT-82 D4s. So what to do? Should I stick to the stock DCT fluid? I wanted to improve the 1-2 notchiness and 2-3 'nibble', but they reportedly disappear as the tranny wears in. Is that the case for both 'issues'? By the way, my car sees many months of 100+ temperatures in summer, but also many months in the 40-60s in winter, so need a fluid that will work in both instances. Thank you.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Just do it.......Redline DCTF was (is) approved by Ford for earlier MT82's and I put it in my 2019 GT 5.0 seeing the same improvement I saw in my 2014 car.....it will not hurt a thing!!

Sounds like Ford may have changed the spec just enough to make folks think they need to stick with the Motorcraft stuff......about par for Ford!!

Good Luck whatever you decide!!
Sponsored