SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Going to buy adjustable rear toe links for my 350R. Is the Cortex kit worth the additional money over Steeda? Why do you think so?

My rear toe changes after hard track days, so I’m looking for something to prevent this. Also easier adjustability will be nice as well.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
You really can’t go wrong with either one, both are an improvement over stock. It’s not really a show off bling part that people will see or notice. I went steeda and have not had any problems

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
In case you haven't seen our video review -

I believe Chris just put these on his GT350 if you want to connect with him - he is our Director of Marketing.

Let me know - happy to make the connection.

TJ

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
SPL>Cortex>Steeda/BMR

There is nothing wrong with any of the options, pick which will suit your budget. I have not heard of components failing from the above brands (outside of an obvious manufacture defect, but then customer service is great with all of the above)

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Going to buy adjustable rear toe links for my 350R. Is the Cortex kit worth the additional money over Steeda? Why do you think so?

My rear toe changes after hard track days, so I’m looking for something to prevent this. Also easier adjustability will be nice as well.

Thanks for the help!
If your toe is changing after hard track use, the problem probably isn't the toe links. Any small change in rear camber will produce a change in toe, and the camber setting is just a bolt that runs in a slot. That bolt is both extremely hard to torque properly and rear camber is extremely sensitive to the smallest movement.

If you've had the rear camber adjusted, then the camber adjustment bolt is probably moving a tiny bit, producing a small camber change that translates into a noticeable toe change.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Whats the best method…get the camber right first and then set toe? Or is it a back and fourth battle until you find the right spot?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Whats the best method…get the camber right first and then set toe? Or is it a back and fourth battle until you find the right spot?
You have to set both together. Changing one changes the other so it's a matter of making small changes in both until you have both dialed in. Also, there's some compliance in the bushings, so you have to recheck the camber and toe after a test drive to make sure they're where you want them.

If an alignment tech just puts the car on a platform and sets up the rear to spec, chances are good the settings will measure differently after a test drive. I spent three days getting mine set up properly back in spring of 2020.

Another note on this topic - my 2016 GT350 came from the factory with a spherical bearing on the knuckle where the toe link connects, and the toe link itself has a spherical bearing where it bolts to the subframe. In short, there's no benefit to installing third party spherical bearing toe links on a GT350. Ford Performance did it for you.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@JAJ Man, that's tedious for (us) guys that want to do string alignments at home...but...you get what you pay for.

Great tip on the link; I wouldn't have thought that. When the time comes, I would have leaned towards buying those for ease of, and refinement of adjustment. Same for the upper arm for camber.

Thanks for the tips.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
On my GT PP1, I installed the Fully Adjustable BMR Camber link Arms and installed the Camber Lock-Out Kit so the camber inside bolt does not slip as so many racers have said happen to them. The OEM Camber Link Adjustment bolt is very hard to get to which makes fine adjustments hard. These New Fully Adjustable Camber Arms put the adjustment out on the Tire End for easier adjustment.
The BMR Mods and my OEM Magneride make my car handle/drive like a Go-Cart, Really a Go-Cart.

Part #ProductPriceQtyTotal
CB7622015 - 2020 Mustang IRS Subframe Support Brace System
Color:Red
$199.95 1 $199.95
TCA0482015 - 2020 Mustang Vertical Links, Polyurethane Bushings
$79.95 1 $79.95
BK0812015 - 2020 Mustang Bearing kit, lower control arm, rear, standard$159.95 1 $159.95
CB0052015 - 2020 Mustang Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit, level 2
$209.95 1 $209.95
TR0052015 - 2020 Mustang Toe rods, rear, On-Car adjustable, rod ends
$219.95 1 $219.95
WAK7612015 - 2020 Mustang Rear camber adjustment lockout kit
$59.95 1 $59.95
UCA7622015 - 2020 Mustang Camber links, adjustable, poly/rod ends, billet aluminum
Angle Finder:BMR Angle Finder(+$9.95)
$459.95 1 $469.90
CBK7602015 - 2020 Mustang Bearing kit , front radius rod$219.95 1 $219.95

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
FWIW, toe is a lot more sensitive than camber. .1-.2 off on camber isn't ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Toe on the other hand, that'll mess you up. @JAJ is spot on that you need to adjust and check, re-adjust if needed after moving the car around, etc.

My pre-track weekend routine involves checking camber and toe after rolling the car 30ft straight into the driveway and back. Then I adjust camber (if needed). Then I adjust toe. Roll into the driveway and back. Re-check. 9 times of out 10, only toe might need a second adjustment (or 5).

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
FWIW, toe is a lot more sensitive than camber. .1-.2 off on camber isn't ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Toe on the other hand, that'll mess you up. @JAJ is spot on that you need to adjust and check, re-adjust if needed after moving the car around, etc.

My pre-track weekend routine involves checking camber and toe after rolling the car 30ft straight into the driveway and back. Then I adjust camber (if needed). Then I adjust toe. Roll into the driveway and back. Re-check. 9 times of out 10, only toe might need a second adjustment (or 5).
honeybadger,
What equipment do you use when you do your alignments? I'm trying to look into doing my own and I think you probably have a better handle on it than most people.
(please don't say you have a Hunter rig hidden in your garage...)

Thanks

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Another note on this topic - my 2016 GT350 came from the factory with a spherical bearing on the knuckle where the toe link connects, and the toe link itself has a spherical bearing where it bolts to the subframe. In short, there's no benefit to installing third party spherical bearing toe links on a GT350. Ford Performance did it for you.
Not sure how you got lucky with the spherical bushings in the rear knuckle where the toe link connects. Neither my 2017 GT350 or my new 2019 GT350R had that. Both had rubber bushings. Spherical only where the toe link attaches to subframe. Just installed Ford Performance spherical bushings (M-5A460-M) in the knuckle. I am very happy with the results.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not sure how you got lucky with the spherical bushings in the rear knuckle where the toe link connects. Neither my 2017 GT350 or my new 2019 GT350R had that. Both had rubber bushings. Spherical only where the toe link attaches to subframe. Just installed Ford Performance spherical bushings (M-5A460-M) in the knuckle. I am very happy with the results.
Are you sure? It has a rubber cuff on it to keep dirt out, but it's an actual bearing, not a rubber piece. In my case, I realized that it was a spherical bushing by putting a bolt through it and moving it - a rubber bushing would spring back to center, but the one on my GT350 moved and didn't spring back when I pushed it. I concluded that the reason that FP doesn't list the M-5A460-M for the GT350 is because it's an OEM GT350 part in the first place. Maybe later model years don't have it, but mine does.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I am sure. Here are some pics of what came out of my rear knuckle. And this bushing is what I have personally noted in all GT350/GT500s I had the chance to look over in that area.

IMG_4062.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg
Sponsored