JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
Hey guys,

So I have been running an MBRP Street Cat-Back for the past 8-9 months and I was happy...but it never made me super excited. It sounds good, deep tone, no drone, minimal rasp, but just not that loud. I know some people want that, but I wanted more.

Enter...Corsa Extreme CB. I knew I wanted to go loud, but I was slightly worried about it being too much for a daily driver. Now that I have had it on the car for a week, I have to say it is perfect.

Yes, the extreme is loud but it is NOT obnoxious. Everybody in videos shows the system being installed, revving the engine out, and flooring it everywhere. Doing this with the Extreme is very fun and very loud, BUT I don't drive like this 24/7 and normal driving is a sexy, loud exhaust that is very unique but not overwhelming.

I can manage to creep out of the neighborhood with minimum angry neighbors (some would be mad at stock exhaust, can't please everybody). I can also cruise with no drone on the highway and with low volume music you can hear a slight rumble coming from the back, but not loud at all. If I crank up the tunes I really cant hear it except when the song changes.

I just wanted to give some feedback on this system other than "OMG its loud" and "This requires resonators" etc etc...
Sponsored

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I went with the Extremes and never looked back. Its only as loud as you put your foot down. Cold starts are loud, but it will last for about 15 sec. If you plan on doing headers its just going to be RETARDED LOUD.

Do it and enjoy!

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added resonators to my Corsa Sport and it's a great sound. The start up is a little loud, but oh well.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, it is obnoxious, but Corsa does such a good job with their design in directing the sound rearward that it doesn't seem so. I love the sound the Xtreme makes, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's not obnoxious just because it doesn't seem that way in the car :lol:. Of course, if you're driving slowly it's not obnoxious, but still very audible from far away.

Have someone else drive it and accelerate mildly and hard and you'll see.

Sponsored

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Honestly, it is obnoxious, but Corsa does such a good job with their design in directing the sound rearward that it doesn't seem so. I love the sound the Xtreme makes, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's not obnoxious just because it doesn't seem that way in the car :lol:. Of course, if you're driving slowly it's not obnoxious, but still very audible from far away.

+1 I have the Solo Thunder catback on my car and I thought it was not obnoxious at all until I heard what it sounds like at WOT from outside (behind) the car lol.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

The low frequency cancellation is great but I wish they would pack the mufflers with something to kill more of the rasp they produce. For the size of their mufflers they are quite loud and raspy especially at wide open. I'd call most of their catbacks quite obnoxious to someone outside the car listening to it. Inside the cabin these cars are well sound deadened compared to older cars. I was shocked at how loud my car is outside the first time I ever heard my wife drive it and she didn't even get over 3000 RPMs lol.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The low frequency cancellation is great but I wish they would pack the mufflers with something to kill more of the rasp they produce. For the size of their mufflers they are quite loud and raspy especially at wide open. I'd call most of their catbacks quite obnoxious to someone outside the car listening to it. Inside the cabin these cars are well sound deadened compared to older cars. I was shocked at how loud my car is outside the first time I ever heard my wife drive it and she didn't even get over 3000 RPMs lol.
Yeah, I was surprised how loud my Sport AB is with the stock resonator. My buddy took it around the block after install so I could hear and it's on par with the S-type catback for volume, but much louder than it seems inside. I would not go louder than this with a DD, though.

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just got the extremes and love them. It's so nice in cabin and I can be quiet in the neighborhood when I need to. It'll be a different ballgame when I get headers though. I'm kind of scared.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
You know what they say, ignorance is bliss lol. Most people don't realize the volume that the driver hears is only a fraction of the actual volume outside and behind the car.

Either that or they just don't give a crap about other people.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just got the extremes and love them. It's so nice in cabin and I can be quiet in the neighborhood when I need to. It'll be a different ballgame when I get headers though. I'm kind of scared.
Prepare for crazy loud lol. Extreme with headers is probably one of the loudest setups out there aside from the borla ATAK with headers and the solo street race with headers but street race has no mufflers.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know what they say, ignorance is bliss lol. Most people don't realize the volume that the driver hears is only a fraction of the actual volume outside and behind the car.

Either that or they just don't give a crap about other people.
It must be great to be so perfect and never offend anyone. I bet your S550 sounds like a Prius.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
It must be great to be so perfect and never offend anyone. I bet your S550 sounds like a Prius.
Nope, Roush axlebacks. Had the Xtreme before, way too damn loud for a DD. These are borderline too loud, but I park with the tips facing away from any other building, and shift before 3k in daily driving :thumbsup:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Nope, Roush axlebacks. Had the Xtreme before, way too damn loud for a DD. These are borderline too loud, but I park with the tips facing away from any other building, and shift before 3k in daily driving :thumbsup:
Stock resonator on there?
Sponsored