Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I posted this in the original CB005 thread from BMR, but felt it deserves it's own thread as many speak about this upgrade purely from a wheel hop elimination standpoint (straight line performance). This kit is FAR more than just that. Yes, it did an incredible job at eliminating the hop and producing very positive firm hits between gears, but from a handling and ride standpoint it really makes me happy. I am a handling guy and like to take my car out to track days and auto cross. If you are like me...continue reading! If you aren't like me, it will only take you a minute to read anyways. ;)

First let me say thank you VERY much to Kelly. I had fairly high expectations and I will just cut to the chase and say that they were met and possibly exceeded.

For me, my desire was not as heavily focused on eliminating hop as I am not a drag racer, but more for simply tightening up the rear end as I AM a track day and auto cross guy. One thing I have noticed on certain road conditions when stock is that the rear can feel kind of "loose and wiggly" for a lack of better words. I think this may be what some of the media reviews were feeling when they made comments of the front and rear not talking to each other.

Well now, the front and rear are not only talking to each other but they have an incredible relationship with very open communication. :D

I absolutely LOVE it and feel it is one of the best bang for the buck mods out there regardless whether you are only concerned with hooking in a straight line or tightening up the rear end for proper handling. It is just so much more buttoned up now.

SUPER easy install as well, especially on a lift. Took literally about 30 minutes and most of that was just reading through the instructions (which were good) and just checking things out.

Big thanks also goes out to HG Motorsports to help me out with the install.
IMG_4100.JPG
IMG_4102.JPG
IMG_4105.JPG
IMG_4106.JPG
IMG_4109.JPG
Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I can't wait I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago!!! Hopefully take the car to the next level!!!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Just installed mine yesterday....what a night and day difference.

OP
OP
FlowForm_Wheels

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
You will be very pleased!

Yeah it's interesting too, the more I drive it the more apparent it becomes.
Instead of the wheels hopping like crazy in the top half of first gear and into 2nd, it just hooks mostly and goes...2nd grabs very hard now.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
do you need to do an alignment after install?
I asked BMR before and they said that you should since it will change the alignment of the cradle unless it is perfectly centered already.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Does this use the same mounting point as the Steeda braces?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
do you need to do an alignment after install?
I asked BMR before and they said that you should since it will change the alignment of the cradle unless it is perfectly centered already.
What Coaster said. But generally, I recommend atleast having the alignment checked after performing any suspension modifications.

Does this use the same mounting point as the Steeda braces?
Their braces attach to the OEM Plates up front, and our CB005 Braces replace those plates.

In other words, if you were to combine our CB005 and their braces...you CAN do that, but you would have to discard our braces.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
That's what I was thinking... I'll grab a set, and see if I can work something out with the Steeda braces I have.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Please keep us updated!

We will likely, eventually, come out with some braces - but no immediate plans. We have some rough prototypes already - and they are very different than the Steeda pieces.

Thanks, let me know how it goes!

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Please keep us updated!

We will likely, eventually, come out with some braces - but no immediate plans. We have some rough prototypes already - and they are very different than the Steeda pieces.

Thanks, let me know how it goes!

Will do.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Both the BMR subframe lockout and steeda braces are on the way.