Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
Thinking more about this as it pertains to 16's...is there a VIN range for the TSB? Surely they are putting the new parts in the 16's at some point.
I have 2016 and the new part definitely isn't in mine. Build date 8/10/15.
Sponsored

Tofino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT stick.
Driving my car in the extreme summer heat it was working.
Trust me we get plenty hot.
Far exceed 100f in the shade....forget in the sun.
The rattle snakes and cactus enjoy it immensely.
Work takes me to Arizona frequently, and I find it much like home in the summer.
Google kamloops area or Cache creek.
I live betweeen them.
Also worked for 7 weeks in Osoyoos this summer.
Sand dunes and tumble weeds.
To escape the summer heat we can go to say Oregon and enjoy the cool summer air they het there.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I have 2016 and the new part definitely isn't in mine. Build date 8/10/15.
Thanks. Given the TSB is dated 9/22 that makes some sense. But who knows since Ford has been so reluctant on this. The sensible thing to do would be put in the new parts ASAP so no need for expensive warranty work...

Sponsored

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
And I have asked my service rep to intervene with the dealer.

The problem here is Ford won't admit to this being an across-the-board design defect. The "Some... may..." language is fraudulently misleading.

We suffer tangible damage by having to now deal with the dealer to get a diagnosis.

You raise another point, that the dealers may have a claim against Ford for interfering in their relationships with their customers. There is probably a lot of contract law and franchise law involved in that.

Dude, you need to relax. It is not fraudulently misleading, simply because not all people are experiencing the problem. It's like any other product review, the one's who don't like it bitch the most and post the reviews. The one's who do like it, generally don't post a review.

If it this is really that big of a deal to you, you should probably just get rid of the car. There's no reason to go through life pissed off. I totally understand you paid good money for something that you feel doesn't meet your standards, but to immediately jump to a class action suit is a bit extreme. Try another dealer. I'm sure you can find one that will help you to your satisfaction.

Good luck in your quest. Relax. Have an adult beverage, fondle you're better half's boobs and it will all work out. :cheers:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I wonder if this TSB will come to Europe too. It seems natural that, since we have the same (more or less) car, we should have the same fix.
But seeing how Ford manage information and distribution here, I'm not sure. I'll contact my dealer asap and ask him if he had this TBS on his systems..

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
My local dealer in Redwood City, CA ordered the necessary parts for the TSB yesterday. I too received the "works as designed" diagnosis months ago but I explained to him politely yesterday how it warms up over time (especially on hot days) and I guess he believed me. They also had to order a new antenna since my satellite radio is out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
found that mine work better when ac fan is on high, with that said I will be hitting the dealer up Monday for tsb and parts ordering

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thanks. Given the TSB is dated 9/22 that makes some sense. But who knows since Ford has been so reluctant on this. The sensible thing to do would be put in the new parts ASAP so no need for expensive warranty work...
I hear you, i also would like Ford to get my seats fixed at the plant before they ship it to the dealership.
I highly doubt it will be the case for the early built cars.
I hate having to bring my car in to dealership to have repairs done .

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
My local dealer in Redwood City, CA ordered the necessary parts for the TSB yesterday. I too received the "works as designed" diagnosis months ago but I explained to him politely yesterday how it warms up over time (especially on hot days) and I guess he believed me. They also had to order a new antenna since my satellite radio is out...

Peter, can you tell me who your service adviser is?

Thanks,

Chris

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
My dealer checked and then ordered parts. No problem. Seats where on for an hour before I took it in.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Took my car in for some warranty work and mentioned the lack of cooling on the seat backs. Had the TSB in the car.

I explained that because the ambient air was cooler than what it was in the summer, the seats are cooling better, but during the summer after about 15 minutes it no longer cooled the seat back. He ordered the part based on my explanation and the TSB.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Since we're talking about seats, my seat seems loose.

When I near the maximum g point of a cloverleaf exit, my seat seems to slip to the left slightly and then pops back to the right as the g's settle down.

I can't duplicate by just trying to push or pull the seat when the car is stopped. However, my bodyweight times 0.5 (assuming an 0.5 g turn) is more force than my hands can likely exert.
Wow we actually had the same experience. Took my car in about 2 weeks ago (i know prior to the TSB being released) Told them I had clunks when changing gears in my transmission. First he goes to test the seat cooling and says these seats don't cool from the back. I respond with a yes they do. He's testing them while has has the service plastic cover on the seats (given for protection of the seat). Says there is no issue with them. Then he tells me he needs to reproduce the issue with the transmission and that if they don't, I need to pay for the rental fee. I asked him if I could bring maybe a recording of it and he said that wont work.

After all of this I even told him that I bought the premium ESP extended warranty from ford with the rental car package and that other people have mentioned these issues. I guess not to my surprise he didn't care. Sucks that these cars are so good and are being let down by a lackluster dealer service experience. I used to have an Acura and thats really the big difference between both manufacturer and dealers. If I had an issue both Acura and the dealer went above and beyond to get any issue fixed and always tried their best to work around my schedule. I understand Acura is a luxury brand and ford isnt. But when a mustang costs $45,000 and an Acura costs $32,000, you expect a higher level of service. Also some of their trucks are 60-70k. I would hope those owners are being offered great service! It seems like some of these ford dealers make it unnecessarily difficult for the consumer after the purchase. I hope maybe Ford can step in with some of these situations.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

My local dealership won't even schedule service based on the previous diagnosis that the seats were working as designed.

This is completely unacceptable!
Hey ctlaw, PRStang, and RubyRed15,

I'm going to look further into this, and look over some resources on my end to see how I can help. Please PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, best daytime phone number, and a summary of the symptoms your Mustang is displaying, and I'll get started.

Guess I'm spoiled. Brought mine in last Wednesday for a rattling in front and seat back cooling. Tech rode around lot with me. Heard rattle. Inspected. Bad strut bearing. Ordered new one. Then we had a long discussion about the seats. He felt it blowing and actually working. I told him what it does after 20 minutes. He checked ford for fix or tsb, obviously found none and logged to ford and a problem they couldn't fix. Strut came in Friday, they swapped it and aligned in 1.5 hours on Monday and I left.

I would find a new dealer.

I admit it's easier dealing with them as the service writer, tech and myself all restore/build cars as hobbies and aren't dimbasses. And we are all respectful to each other. And I've used that dealership for 20 years now (but this was my first warranty return)
I ran across the TSB posted here last night, called Ames Ford/Lincoln service today and the service writer was not only knowledgeable about the problem but eager to help get it resolved. The parts are ordered and they'll call me when they arrive to schedule an appointment.

If you live in central Iowa, I'd suggest you give them a try. Excellent service!

Jim
My replacement are ordered and service advisor said they should have them early to mid next week. Said he called Ford and a group of 1,500 of them are on their way out.

My dealer checked and then ordered parts. No problem. Seats where on for an hour before I took it in.
Glad to read this is being taken care of for you, SVTFreak, jholtz, Bradrulz, peetucket, and Wblv17 - we're here if you need us! :)

You are correct. Need to elevate to the Ford regional service person. Start by messaging FordService on this site. They are very helpful and effective. ...
Thanks for sending everyone our way, Old 5 Oh!

Nick
Sponsored