Sponsored

Convertibles Photos Thread

parajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert
I have only used Colgan for over 30 years. They last for years and look like new with a little vinyl cleaner from time to time.
Works much better than clear bras with all the bug splatter here in the south.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I have a Colgan and have no problem with the fit. You may want to give them a call.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/front-end-covers/colgan

RJ
Thanx for the link. but I have been in contact with them for close to a year now and still waiting for them to make one for the CS. They will not guarantee a proper fit either for the bras they sell now.:doh:

They sell one that will fit a front with the regular splitter and the PP splitter, but no CS splitter yet..:tsk:

I saw a guy post a pic on American Muscle with a bra on his CS, but he said he "made it fit"... Whatever the hell that means???.....:shrug:

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
The old school bra looks pretty good on the S550. :thumbsup: I have been trying to get one for my car, but the front splitter on the CS is more pronounced and no one will guarantee me a proper fit for my car. :doh:
Same here, love my GT/CS splitter but no bra for it :doh:

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Thanx for the link. but I have been in contact with them for close to a year now and still waiting for them to make one for the CS. They will not guarantee a proper fit either for the bras they sell now.:doh:

They sell one that will fit a front with the regular splitter and the PP splitter, but no CS splitter yet..:tsk:

I saw a guy post a pic on American Muscle with a bra on his CS, but he said he "made it fit"... Whatever the hell that means???.....:shrug:
I would be a bit skeptical of someone who states that "he made it fit."

Hopefully, the Colgan people will have one available soon.

RJ

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Geez, I am starting to wonder. :frusty:

Warmer days coming. Couple of weeks from now and this dream (nightmare) should be over. :shrug:
we had a whole 30mins of snow this winter, was meant to be 3 months of dreadful cold weather, coldest was 0-4 when i drove the car.
Mind you I would love to see the Falls when they are frozen seem them in the summer a few times.

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey Derek!

What is the real difference between your splitter and the base GT? If it just extends an inch more than the base the standard Colgan Bra would still fit but the straps would not reach the intended holes underneath. Making it fit would require four extenders for the hook straps. Mine has about 7k miles of road use since 01/16.
Bra1.jpg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I would be a bit skeptical of someone who states that "he made it fit."

Hopefully, the Colgan people will have one available soon.

RJ
I am hoping too. But doesn't look good at this point...:shrug:

What is the real difference between your splitter and the base GT? If it just extends an inch more than the base the standard Colgan Bra would still fit but the straps would not reach the intended holes underneath. Making it fit would require four extenders for the hook straps. Mine has about 7k miles of road use since 01/16.
I hear what you are saying. Actually it was you that directed me to look at Colgan sometime last spring/summer when you posted a pic of your car c/w bra while travelling to/from TEXAS....I think.:confused:

I do/did appreciate the mention you gave about Colgan, but I live in Canada and "IF" the bra wouldn't fit properly, it would be expensive to return it with shipping, duty, exchange rate.....

I did buy one just for the hood from AM. It works fine for what it is. But I want to keep bugs off/out more than anything else. So maybe I will take a chance on the full bra after all. And my neighbour has a GT and maybe I can sell it to him if it doesn't fit to my liking...:D

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
we had a whole 30mins of snow this winter, was meant to be 3 months of dreadful cold weather, coldest was 0-4 when i drove the car.
Mind you I would love to see the Falls when they are frozen seem them in the summer a few times.
I don't get it...:shrug: You guys are further north than we are and we get a shit load of snow, you get nothing... WTF...:doh:

Judspony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red RRsport and a Ligtning GT Conv
This little one arrived yesterday, only mods so are is to fit MPSS rather than the PZeros and since this photo the plate has been moved to a Sho and Sto.
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
What is the real difference between your splitter and the base GT?
As you can see in the pics, the splitter sticks out a fair bit. So I am no sure the bra would wrap around the underside very well. Straps wouldn't be my worry. I am just thinking the bra wouldn't stretch enough to cover the splitter properly....:shrug:

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Sebring 2017

GTPP
IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg

Last edited:

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
:D
She's coming home today:love:
"Sorry, I am out of the office for the rest of the day" :cheers:
33B0E3ED-75F1-4D28-BB27-5C3F765DA654.jpg

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeez, I hate you..........:D Enjoy Buddy!!!!!:thumbsup:

I am thinking May.....:tsk:

May:eyebulge: man that sucks:frusty:

I'll send an email to Mother Nature to let her know that we have had enough :paddle: hope the weather turns for you man.

It was a kinda bitter sweet today, she will sit for another week or so but at least she is home:D and what a ride...burnt almost 1/3 of a tank:lol:

:cheers:
Sponsored