Convertible side rear windows.

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
I laugh at myself sometimes about the things I don't know. Never dawned on me and learn reading some of these threads. I never knew the rag tops had rear windows that operated ..

This was a well I'll be damn did not see that one coming LMAO !!
Maybe because some convertible people drive around with their top and fronts down, and corner windows up. It never makes any sense and looks ridiculous.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe because some convertible people drive around with their top and fronts down, and corner windows up. It never makes any sense and looks ridiculous.
Nah, just never took notice, you know you look sometimes and don't see.

Same deal, heard but did not hear LMAO, big one for me, so I'm told.

Last edited:

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Rear windows worked sunday, not sure why they froze so lube the tracks.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
I just found this thread and hit them with WD silicone spray and both work as they should now. Man that has been a pain in the ass, it keeps me from putting top down half the time knowing i would have to get out and pull each rear closed get back in car and close the fronts. Now when will someone figure out a way to dropand close the top with the keyfob without starting car. My 2003 BMW Z4 can do that.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
...Now when will someone figure out a way to dropand close the top with the keyfob without starting car. My 2003 BMW Z4 can do that.
How are you going to drop and close the top on your Mustang when it has the manual center lock device? You figure that out for yourself.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I just found this thread and hit them with WD silicone spray and both work as they should now. Man that has been a pain in the ass, it keeps me from putting top down half the time knowing i would have to get out and pull each rear closed get back in car and close the fronts. Now when will someone figure out a way to dropand close the top with the keyfob without starting car. My 2003 BMW Z4 can do that.
I dislike silicone spray and WD for this. I much prefer dielectric grease. Mine has been working perfectly for 2+ years now with no reapplication and no nasty collecting of dirt in the track.
The SmartTop module won't let you work the top remotely but goes a long way to correcting some of the other annoying characteristics. And it let's you automatically keep the last drive mode you were in.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
I dislike silicone spray and WD for this. I much prefer dielectric grease. Mine has been working perfectly for 2+ years now with no reapplication and no nasty collecting of dirt in the track.
The SmartTop module won't let you work the top remotely but goes a long way to correcting some of the other annoying characteristics. And it let's you automatically keep the last drive mode you were in.
I spoke too soon, tried windows in the AM and stuck open so i tried more silicone spray and they work again but "will they still love me tomorrow"
Maybe should try the grease mentioned. Just ordered another can of the silicone spray today.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
I spoke too soon, tried windows in the AM and stuck open so i tried more silicone spray and they work again but "will they still love me tomorrow"
Maybe should try the grease mentioned. Just ordered another can of the silicone spray today.
I get our roof cant do what the Z4 does its just nice to dream of. Something if i was Ford i certainly would have on my next models before the Chevy Camaro beat us to it.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Too late, the camero already does it. But, then it also cuts the trunk space by 2/3s and has a really strange and finicky "safety panel" that disables the top operation if it's not installed perfectly.
I hated the one I rented...

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Too late, the camero already does it. But, then it also cuts the trunk space by 2/3s and has a really strange and finicky "safety panel" that disables the top operation if it's not installed perfectly.
I hated the one I rented...
Just watched a video of the Camaro vert, so cool. Wish ours did that. Someone could make a new latch setup for our cars and make it work if there was high demand. Wouldnt it just need a mechanism that locks onto a latch and releases. The latch replace the turn knob we have. Im getting a head of myself, i still need to fix my rears not fully sealing.

Sponsored

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Just watched a video of the Camaro vert, so cool. Wish ours did that. Someone could make a new latch setup for our cars and make it work if there was high demand. Wouldnt it just need a mechanism that locks onto a latch and releases. The latch replace the turn knob we have. Im getting a head of myself, i still need to fix my rears not fully sealing.
Mine apparently will need the realignment because they are worse after silicone spray. Seems the window is tilted wrong.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I watched this YouTube video where the guy adjusted the gap by only loosening a single bolt, accessible through a hole in the body panel, maybe 8" from the front edge and about 3" or so from the top. I found it hard to believe that this was all you had to do. The video wasn't that great, from the point of showing everything he did, but at the end his windows were lined up better. Mine are only out a touch and the gap on the lip of the seal is only different by maybe 1/8" or so between the top and bottom (and have been so since new), so I don't really want to mess with them.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Im gonna try that today cuz i soaked mine in silicone spray a 3rd time and they work great for about 15 minutes then back to sticking. Mine go up then seem to push forward too far.

bigfish3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Butch
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible, ex 2016
My 2020 was having rear window issue, passenger side only, still under warranty, the service guys opted for new regulators on both sides.

They didn't spend a whole lot of time trouble shooting, just jumped directly into parts replacement mode!

Dealer has to get paid!

All working as expected now.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Im gonna try that today cuz i soaked mine in silicone spray a 3rd time and they work great for about 15 minutes then back to sticking. Mine go up then seem to push forward too far.
Did you give this try? Any luck?

Thanks!
Sponsored