LOEzell

OldME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible
I am plannng to order a Crimson 2018 GT Premium Convertible maxed out (PP1 not PP2) with an MSRP of $59k. This is my last rodeo (age 69) so I am going all out. My question is what delivery time should I expect? 3 to 4 months? Should I expect a longer delivery time for a Convertible?

My dealer seems to not have a clue. I have read over most recent posts on this forum and delivery times seem to vary a lot.

I would appreciate your responses.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I am plannng to order a Crimson 2018 GT Premium Convertible maxed out (PP1 not PP2) with an MSRP of $59k. This is my last rodeo (age 69) so I am going all out. My question is what delivery time should I expect? 3 to 4 months? Should I expect a longer delivery time for a Convertible?

My dealer seems to not have a clue. I have read over most recent posts on this forum and delivery times seem to vary a lot.

First of all, Good for you!!!!

As for the order time/wait, I ordered my vert on March 20, 2016. I wash told it would probably take 3 - 4 months. I got it on May 20, so that was 2 months and I live in Atlantic Canada.

I realize I got mine 2 years ago, but I would assume things would be similar now. And as for dealerships not having a clue, I can definitely believe that.

Order soon and pray for a quick turnover

Good luck :thumbsup:

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
I ordered mine 12/28...scheduled delivery is now 3/19...original was 3/24...last rodeo for me too probably :-)

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Think the 2018 order banks closed on 3/2.

So if you have not ordered and you want Royal Crimson, you will now need to find one that has been ordered for dealer stock as that color is gone for 2019.

OP
OP

LOEzell

OldME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible

So if you have not ordered and you want Royal Crimson, you will now need to find one that has been ordered for dealer stock as that color is gone for 2019.
Thanks for the info about Royal Crimson. If I can’t get that color, I am fine with Ruby Red.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

Order banks on your side of the border close earlier than our side. This I don't understand......all our cars are built in the same place. When I ordered mine in 2016, I ordered March 21, and order banks were closed for you guys then as well???? WTF:shrug:

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
I ordered mine on 1/19/18 and it is scheduled to be build week of 3/19/18. The 2019 MY orders should open up 3/12 according to several threads (confirmed by several Fleet order websites) and should start rolling off the line mid to late summer. then there maybe a small delay on the OK To buy
The convertibles were on limited supply along with the Magna ride. Finding a car with both on a dealer lot would be a challenge. My understanding is the higher end items are limited to a certain number / % of production due to the parts ordered well in advance.
2018 was a short model year

jygoalkeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible

I ordered 11/30/17, build date was 1/24/18 and received it 3/3/18. Mine was a fairly maxed out EB Premium with PP1, Safe and Secure and 201a. I think build times are moving up though so it's not as long between order and build. The delivery still take forever though. FOREVER!

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
My dates are all in my sig. Mine is looking like a little under 3 months.

The biggest variables seem to be your location (transport is sloooooow), your dealer's allocation, and option constraints. Since yours will most likely be going in as a 2019, perhaps options won't be as constrained.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

The delivery time is highly variable. It took 2 months for mine to even go into the system because my dealer did not have allocation. Then it was about a month and a half from that. Best thing is just to bunker in and not worry too much about it, might drive you crazy. Trust me, it is more than worth the wait!

Sponsored

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335

Same boat here. I was looking for a well equipped crimson convert - laughable trying to find one using cars.com or ford's site. Nothing even close anywhere. Search 100 miles from me at 23 dealers there are 7 GT Converts with manuals. None are even close to what I'm looking for - and this in Florida, not Maine! Every dealer should have 7! Those same dealers have 77 2017 Mustangs still on the lot. That's embarrassing. Should have probably ordered I guess and will likely have no choice but to order a 19 and wait another 6 months or give up and look for another car.

3 months+ is what I was told and that's crazy. My last 2 cars were configured to way I wanted, built in Germany, trucked to a port, stuck on a boat, sailed across the Atlantic, unloaded, then shipped out and it took around 8-9 weeks. Wait time on new Jeep Wrangler orders (looking for a family member) seems to be running roughly 4-6 weeks. When you consider that the earliest I would conceivably take delivery of a '19 would be late summer/early fall, that would be almost 18 months that I've had money in hand willing to buy.

Maybe I just don't get it but touting the 18 as early as they did but dragging the release to Dec, killing custom orders at the beginning of March, then starting 19 production in June makes me wonder what the thought process is at Ford!? :crazy:

Lussier4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18MY on order
My dates are all in my sig. Mine is looking like a little under 3 months.

The biggest variables seem to be your location (transport is sloooooow), your dealer's allocation, and option constraints. Since yours will most likely be going in as a 2019, perhaps options won't be as constrained.
I think I understand the blend date but what does the 4351 mean at the end of that string?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Not everyone has to wait that long, I have heard as short as 4 weeks, again depends on the allocation that the dealer has and how the shipping goes.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I think I understand the blend date but what does the 4351 mean at the end of that string?
I know what it is (build order), but not how to actually interpret it beyond the order the cars will roll off the line. I'm not sure it's it's a count or a time.

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
We ordered a royal crimson GT on Feb 23rd. We were told 8-10 weeks. Dealer claims he has the allotment to get them due to his overall sales. I hope to get the VIN number from them soon so I can track it... at least it will be somewhat warm outside when it arrives.

I just hope some dealership salesman doesn't take it out for a joyride before I get the call that its ready. I want it close to 0 miles as possible. My Toyota Rav4 had 2.7 miles on it when I picked it up.
Sponsored