Sponsored

Convertible availability

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
If I go on the Ford search for a GT premium convertible, nothing comes up. Have they suspended this model? Has it got to do with the chip shortage?
Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
If I go on the Ford search for a GT premium convertible, nothing comes up. Have they suspended this model? Has it got to do with the chip shortage?
If you're searching in the New England area they may be in short supply in dealer stock. I read that the top 5 states for convertible sales (all makes and models) are CA, TX, FL, NY, NJ. If you're using the Ford search tool try putting in a zip code for some place warmer and expanding the search radius to maximum (100 miles). GT Convertibles are rare but they are out there.

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
GT Convertibles are rare but they are out there.
This was our experience even looking for a used one. Took about three months to get one and drove a couple of hundred miles to get it.

Definitely worth the wait. Most fun Mustang I've ever had.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
[
This was our experience even looking for a used one. Took about three months to get one and drove a couple of hundred miles to get it.
While waiting for my factory order I did a dealer inventory search to see what was out there. At the time I found only 2 manual GT convertibles within a 100 mile radius of San Francisco. That covers a lot of urban territory and dealerships. I don't know how many GT convertibles (both auto and manual) Ford builds but they don't sit of the dealer lots for long.

You might find more information about the chip shortage on the "Blue Oval" website. The forums there are moderated by Ford employees and tend to be specific to production and corporate issues.

Sponsored

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible/ 69 Chevelle SS
I just ordered (3 weeks ago) a new 2021 GT Premium Convertible. Reason being I looked extensively for a new or gently used car with the options I wanted. I figured 90 % of the Mustangs made were hard tops. Of the remaining 10% only 2% were manual transmissions. Then to fi nd the car one wants in the right c olor is slim chances.
so I had a salesman do a nationwide search for the car I wanted and not a single car came up. So I decided to order which was the best solution.

Sponsored

MButler51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible, 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 1972 Chev K10 4x4 pickup (bought new).
Try CARMAX. It won’t be new but they sometimes have some like-new, very low mileage cars, and they will ship it in if they happen to have one in Florida or California, which is where the majority of the convertibles are. (And no, I don’t work for CarMax)

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
You'd almost think there would be many more since they are a rental car staple in many areas but when I was shopping used I was not finding what I wanted either for trim, colour- and pricing was near new (when you figure in dealer discount, ford discount and ford finance rate). Ended up getting a dealer in another city to bring my new 21 in from a dealer in another province but got exactly what I wanted. Couldn't be happier.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You'd almost think there would be many more since they are a rental car staple in many areas but when I was shopping used I was not finding what I wanted either for trim, colour- and pricing was near new (when you figure in dealer discount, ford discount and ford finance rate). Ended up getting a dealer in another city to bring my new 21 in from a dealer in another province but got exactly what I wanted. Couldn't be happier.
Used to be. The rental car business took a dump during covid and got rid of a lot of cars and didn't replace them.