Sponsored

Considering H-Pipe + Active Exhaust

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Considering installing an h-pipe on my mustang. Currently i have the active exhaust which sounds pretty fantastic stock. Id love to add a bit more volume but dont want to ruin it. Clearly dont want it to be droney when on the motorway etc.

I drive with the exhaust in track 99% of the time currently. I mean why wouldnt you?!

Would love to hear from anyone who has this set up. How does it compare to the stock exhaust? Cold start and when driving. Is normal now similar to track etc

Thanks!
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have this exact setup, but have been very lazy in getting it fitted ... lol

From how I understand it :
  • The new normal sounds similar to the old track.
  • Quiet mode is still very quiet.
  • No drone (be it a few of the convertible guys have reported some).
  • Deeper / more old school V8 sound.
With the reports that you read on here, you need to factor in that a UK car has the GPF's so they are not directly comparable to the USA cars.

I think @Alfa Male put a H on his UK active exhaust car - he should be able to give us a good / accurate UK perspective :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have this exact setup, but have been very lazy in getting it fitted ... lol

From how I understand it :
  • The new normal sounds similar to the old track.
  • Quiet mode is still very quiet.
  • No drone (be it a few of the convertible guys have reported some).
  • Deeper / more old school V8 sound.
With the reports that you read on here, you need to factor in that a UK car has the GPF's so they are not directly comparable to the USA cars.

I think @Alfa Male put a H on his UK active exhaust car - he should be able to give us a good / accurate UK perspective :like:

Ha, get yours installed and let me know!

Have you gone steeda?

I do wonder how our active exhaust compares to the US marker version with the gpf fitted. Its certainly not quiet as is.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Steeda :like:

I picked it up in the states before I even ordered the car (used the holiday as an excuse to view Grabber Lime before placing my order lol).

I strengthened the bridge piece a little as I noticed it was easy to move the 'legs' with the single flat brace and I hoped it might stop some of the sagging / misalignment problems that get spoken about a few weeks after fitment - in reality though I think that is more related to weak clamps / incorrect torque :like:

B392-F833-2-BC1-4-FD7-A319-BCFF8-F7-A1035.jpg

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
My 2019 had an H-pipe fitted with the active exhaust and it really changes the character of the sound. Quiet is still quiet enough if you have neighbours or leave early for work, but the track mode sounds like it should, with a bass-heavy low end and nice pops and bangs on the overrun. Proper old school and a good bit louder than stock, without adding drone or being too obnoxious. It's a great upgrade and my Mach 1 will be getting one added before I pick it up from the dealer.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I love my 2020 with active exhaust and the Steeda H pipe. It just sounds fantastic.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Same here, the H pipe does deepen the tone slightly and makes it slightly louder.

Quiet mode is still relatively quiet and non-offensive (ish) to neighbours in the early hours. It’s still loud compared to a normal car exhaust.

Track mode I thought would be louder than it worked out to be honest and whilst it is notably different it’s not that loud on Track mode

Overall it’s a great balance between having it quiet enough not to offend but when you want it loud enough to be noticed it covers that too

Never used normal or sports modes ever, so cannot comment on those !

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Had this installed on mine, really like the sound of, a nice deeper tone, but I recently replaced with a double x pipe and a Corsa Sport valved exhaust, what difference that has made 😎

Sponsored

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
as a counter view, i also have this setup on my '19 GT. I don't think it adds much really, certainly no drone and only slightly louder than stock but definitely a step in right direction. The A10 doesn't get the best out of it unless driving in sport or manual mode

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
as a counter view, i also have this setup on my '19 GT. I don't think it adds much really, certainly no drone and only slightly louder than stock but definitely a step in right direction. The A10 doesn't get the best out of it unless driving in sport or manual mode
Slightly louder than stock with no drone is pretty much exactly what im after.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
an update after i whipped my H-pipe off the other day and stuck on the resonator again (car going this week). Seems i forgot how it sounded (only had it stock for about a week:like:) It is much quieter on start up, a much more subdued tone. Haven't driven it since so not able to compare on the move, but the difference seems to be bigger than i remembered. Planning to stick the H on my Mach1 that has now landed in Liverpool!

*edit - been for a drive earlier, I want the H pipe back!! It’s now barely audible even in race mode and no longer gives a lovely woofle on overruns…

Last edited:

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Mine is a 2019 with H pipe and stock active axle backs.

Hear here at approx 7 min 25,

My Kona , up against a 2016 with custom headers sports cats and Borla Atak S cat back

You can hear mine has the lovely beautiful deep bass notes against the (in my own personal humble opinion) the note so nice almost painful raspy note of the 2016 on an Atak s

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed this on my GT with w/active exhaust. I will echo the others - night & day differece. Only drive in track mode because of the pure brilliance of the more aggressive tone.

You will certainly not be disappointed!

Best,

TJ
Sponsored