Sponsored

Considering a 2022 GT Premium

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
Hi all:

I currently drive a 2012 Camaro SS Convertible. Its a Tom Henry Racing edition 6 speed. It's fun but its big fat and heavy and I don't drive it much. I am considering trading it on a 2022 GT Premium. The deal is pretty good. I just can't decide if I want to give up the drop top. The Coupe is a 401 A car with leather and a stick. Looks like a lot of fun.

Anyone make the switch from a 5th gen camaro to a S550?
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I had opportunity to drive a '10 Camaro 2SS for a few months. I know it doesn't help.

The GT is 2 Tonne of fun, (4050lbs with my fat ass in it), nannies abound. I don't remember the '10 having much in the way of traction control. That being said, go drive the GT, you will know in a few minutes if you want it, unless the SalesCritter is paronoid.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
My buddy has a 10 camaro ss with a highly modified 416 stroker LS3 and while it's a ton of fun, loud and fast my 22 GT premium is light years ahead in refinement as well as tech. And with the 10R80 I give him a run for his money every time especially in the 1/8th. Definitely love my mustang

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Camaro vert is a hoss but the Mustang is no lightweight either, although the fastback is about 400lbs lighter than the Camaro vert. Mustang is a more comfortable ride IMO and more refined like skinnyb mentioned. Visibility is way better in the Mustang too. Iā€™ve not owned a 5th or 6th or 7th gen but Iā€™ve driven plenty of them at all trim levels. ZL1 and SS 1LE are lots of fun but I just canā€™t get over how bad the visibility is. Interior is pretty dated looking too

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
Thanks! Yeah Iā€™m just attached to my car. Problem is the wind in the back of the vert is wicked and my kiddos (9 and 1) get blasted. Plus as one said, the interior/tech is crap. I daily a gladiator so I can take the top off if needed. Hereā€™s my car though. Itā€™s pretty unique. Mustangs are everywhere but thereā€™s a reason for it. Haha I drove my friendā€™s coyote and it was a blast too
0166913A-DD6E-4B62-86E5-F457B8E97AAD.jpeg

Sponsored

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
Thanks! Yeah Iā€™m just attached to my car. Problem is the wind in the back of the vert is wicked and my kiddos (9 and 1) get blasted. Plus as one said, the interior/tech is crap. I daily a gladiator so I can take the top off if needed. Hereā€™s my car though. Itā€™s pretty unique. Mustangs are everywhere but thereā€™s a reason for it. Haha I drove my friendā€™s coyote and it was a blast too
0166913A-DD6E-4B62-86E5-F457B8E97AAD.jpeg
Looks bad ass... and very well maintained!

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
Thanks! Itā€™s a fun car. And itā€™s only got 15k on it.
This would be its replacement.
5886CEB6-827D-452C-B357-096DB0CBBF6C.jpeg
Well... as I drive a white one myself, no objections here :wink:.
Quite a big step, from all black to (almost) all white!

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
As a former pro detailer and now amateur detailer - I'm not sure why I still have dark cars. My wife's 4Runner is pearl white. My jeep is granite metallic and the camaro is carbon flash. I always say I'm done with it and come right back. haha

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How good is the deal? Have you checked dealers in VA? Eg. 15+% off MSRP

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Lindsay Wheaton was doing 10+, ourisman Manassas was doing the other figure on select cars. Talk to Jason and mention the forum

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
Lindsay Wheaton was doing 10+, ourisman Manassas was doing the other figure on select cars. Talk to Jason and mention the forum
i see you have a GT PP and a 1LE. I had a 15 1LE and I miss it desperately. Which do you like better?

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
X 5th gen'r here. Had a 10 SS 6sp with bolt on's, cam n such. Super cool car and easy to wrench on. But over time, I just found it uncomfortable, heavy steering and just an overall heavy feel. I traded for an 18 5.0 A10, then a 19 SS and finally my current 20 5.0 6sp.

I was/am far more comfortable in the Mustang and overall enjoy driving it more. Not knocking the Camaro but it would be a no brainer for me. I would re-choose the Mustang all day long. If we were talking a 6th gen Camaro, for me, it would be a far more difficult decision because, imho, Chevy fixed alot of my complaints with the 5th gen. Even with the 6th gen Camaro, I would still choose the 5.0 but for a much narrower set of reasons.

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
X 5th gen'r here. Had a 10 SS 6sp with bolt on's, cam n such. Super cool car and easy to wrench on. But over time, I just found it uncomfortable, heavy steering and just an overall heavy feel. I traded for an 18 5.0 A10, then a 19 SS and finally my current 20 5.0 6sp.

I was/am far more comfortable in the Mustang and overall enjoy driving it more. Not knocking the Camaro but it would be a no brainer for me. I would re-choose the Mustang all day long.
That's good advice - I do my own wrenching and this would not be an every day car; but one knowing I could tool around in at any time. Plus the quiet mode on the exhaust is nice - I live in a newer subdivision and the long tubes and full 3" on the camaro tend to wake the neighbors. It's a riot but still , i dont drive it much because it's only fun top down really, and the backseat (where the biggest critics ride) gets HAMMERED by air.
Sponsored