Confused about Lund tuning

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
Lund tuned myself. Basic answer is no more flex tunes. Comprehensive answer is no more flex because the average joe getting his car tuned couldn't follow directions accurately enough and/or just didn't understand the process. So now it's simply run to 0-miles to empty or a little more, and load the tune you want for the fuel you want to use. E85 or premium. Anything left in the tank that mixes will be automatically compensated for I believe ±30%, don't quote me on the percentage.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Comprehensive answer is no more flex because the average joe getting his car tuned couldn't follow directions accurately enough and/or just didn't understand the process.
So are you saying Lund believes his customers are stupid?

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
Not necessarily stupid but this is just the words of Alex. I'm sure Lund Sr and Jr don't think that but they did feel it was best to do away with the flex fueling to alleviate customer complaints they were having with it. Example being my situation, I was on flex tuning for a couple weeks to transition. My car would surge badly as the afr's would fluxuate conatantly. I asked about this and Brandon confirmed that could be a side effect. When I switched to full e85 tune. That issue went away completely.

Sponsored

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
In reality though, tuners are like resteraunts. Some people love the place and others hate it after 1 bad experience. The bad experiences get publicized more than the good so that's what gets focus on. Personally I haven't had a problem and my questions have always been answered same day using the email ticket system. In the near future I am planning to upgrade to their newly released multi-tune so I can load my e85, gas, and ghost cam tune all at once and select through the cruise control buttons.

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I live by the following rule: Go talk to someone on the street. Once you learn how ignorant they are, realize that statistically half the population is actually DUMBER than that person.
Sometimes in business you have to mitigate your risk of underperforming or failing. There is a cost/benefit analysis, evidently to Lund the benefit of offering flex fuel (and the issues to go with) is not worth the cost. I’ve met a lot of people, and believe me they are getting dumber by the day.

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
I live by the following rule: Go talk to someone on the street. Once you learn how ignorant they are, realize that statistically half the population is actually DUMBER than that person.
Sometimes in business you have to mitigate your risk of underperforming or failing. There is a cost/benefit analysis, evidently to Lund the benefit of offering flex fuel (and the issues to go with) is not worth the cost. I’ve met a lot of people, and believe me they are getting dumber by the day.
Totally off topic and not to thread jack but this x1000 work in retail and customer service for a few years your outlook on the human race as a whole will diminish quickly.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SHAWN
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have a Lund tune, they will give an E85 tune, that you can download into your car, before or after you fill up with E85. They do not do flex tunes, that will adjust to the type of gas you are using. I download mine E85 when i run E85, & just use my other tune when running 93.. Hope this helps
Sponsored