Lund Tuning Question

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
I will apologize for my ignorance up front, I tried searching for the answer already and have been unable to find any thread address the topic exactly.
The question: Is a Lund tune, for example, sold through vendor 1 the same as a Lund tune sold through vendor 2 or Lund directly, assuming the car itself is the same?
In other words, when buying the tune, is each vendor layering in their own specific special sauce on top, or is the tune the same across the board and the differentiation is in the customer service that the different vendors provide?
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
If it's a Lund tune it should be from Lund no additional adjustments made.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Lund is Lund. They couldn't make changes if they wanted to. ;) After purchasing if you need any modifications you go to Lund directly. I've had nothing but a good experience with him, from updates to answering even basic questions.

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Lund provides the vendor with a base tune that the vendor will send you. Once your ready for the revision, you'll go to Lund's site and set up a ticket and he will be the one correcting the tune

Sponsored

OP
OP

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the responses, that's what I thought but wanted to make sure.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I will apologize for my ignorance up front, I tried searching for the answer already and have been unable to find any thread address the topic exactly.
The question: Is a Lund tune, for example, sold through vendor 1 the same as a Lund tune sold through vendor 2 or Lund directly, assuming the car itself is the same?
In other words, when buying the tune, is each vendor layering in their own specific special sauce on top, or is the tune the same across the board and the differentiation is in the customer service that the different vendors provide?
Also wanted to add that the tunes are the same, no matter the vendor.

Don't be misled by any particular vendor posting that they have something that the other Lund vendors don't, as that simply isn't true.

The vendor's do none of the tuning. Pick your vendor based on who you like. Not based off misleading information.

It's important to know that your Lund tune is always going to be the best lund can do no matter what!

Lund tunes are constantly evolving, they are constantly trying to make them better with the paramaters given on the particular platform they are tuning.

Whether SCT, their hyperbox (which currently provides the best tune), or the upcoming ngauge.

Lund's goal is to give their customers the most power, best drivability, along with a safe tune for your vehicle.

Feel Free to hit us up for all your lund racing needs.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I read somewhere that Lund just made big improvements with their SCT tunes. any info on this Beefcake?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I read somewhere that Lund just made big improvements with their SCT tunes. any info on this Beefcake?
the tunes are always evolving, and I know we did some updates the past week again.

you are def welcome to put in a support ticket for an update at support.lundracing.com

OP
OP

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I am still holding off for now on the tune, as there still seems to be quite a bit of smoke out there clouding the issues.
With that said, do you have an updated ETA on the ngauge release?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I am still holding off for now on the tune, as there still seems to be quite a bit of smoke out there clouding the issues.
With that said, do you have an updated ETA on the ngauge release?
just fine tuning the datalog, and then we'll be good to go on the ngauge

things are moving nicely.

we can get you a great tune on whatever device you choose, just let me know if you have any questions

OP
OP

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Can I put you on the spot?
If it were YOUR car, would you go SCT or wait for the ngauge?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Can I put you on the spot?
If it were YOUR car, would you go SCT or wait for the ngauge?
I think the ngauge is going to be really neat.

that said, we can flash the cars with a lot more parameters with the sct device as of this week

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
The ngauge is being made by Lund racing. The upside to going with sct is that it's more universal. So you could go with Lund, Bama, steeda, or even a dyno tune from many shops. I am more than a happy with my sct tune. If I were you I would wait and see what ngauge has to offer just so you don't regret something. Give yourself options and read reviews. With time both devices would be perfected.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The ngauge is being made by Lund racing. The upside to going with sct is that it's more universal. So you could go with Lund, Bama, steeda, or even a dyno tune from many shops. I am more than a happy with my sct tune. If I were you I would wait and see what ngauge has to offer just so you don't regret something. Give yourself options and read reviews. With time both devices would be perfected.
Ryan, we def appreciate your input in the lund community, but you keep posting information that is incorrect.

Lund does not make the ngauge, the ngauge is made by Emotion. This is going to be Lund's preferred tuning device in the future, but they have nothing to do with manufacturing the device.
Sponsored