Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I have no idea what he is talking about. He doesn't talk like he actually races much. 1sec/mile means nothing on a track. Every track is different, and 1 mile can have any number of straight/curve combinations. Amateur weekend racer anecdote is worth jack on the internet.
Let's see some video proof.
He claims he's an HPDE instructor :LOL:
You can get going pretty fast in those magazines :ontheloo:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Yes they are. Because I lapped on 2 1LEs, same day, same track one with the GY one with Cup2. Cup2 is ~1 sec/mile faster.
BWhahaha

Tall tales in here. Just so you understand, I say you're full of shit.:inspect:

Funny thing is, everyone knows it too.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Ridiculous comment. Of course if the embarrassment gets loud enough Ford responds.

Explain to us why they added coolers to the GT350 for the 1% (to use your figure) of the buyers who plan to go to a track with turns?
You got me it was people on the forum who forced Ford's hand.

DeltaMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I did three 20 minute sessions in my PP2 on Tuesday at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson. It was 94 degrees and I had zero heat issues.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Sorry. Must people were saying exactly that.

But that doesn't matter.

The GT350 overheated. Ford fixed it.

The Mustang GT PP2 which comes from the factory only with tires suitable exclusively for tracking overheats also.

No big deal. Ford can fix it. So long as prospective buyers are aware of the issue they can make their decisions.

Wait until Ford fixes it. Attempt to engineer a fix themselves. Don't track the car and resort to only drive it on the street on Cup 2s out of their recommended temp range.

Up to the buyer. The info is out. Informed decisions can be made.

Holy cow dude...

I've been reading this thread over the last few days and the amount of butthurt you are displaying is suspicious. How can you rant on & on about nothing..? Further more, nothing you've been saying supports your disdain, because people have answers for overheating and you just don't care... and just keep harping on Ford.

Trackers who track their cars, modify their cars for the track. The Mustang GT/Corvette, etc.. have never been race cars/track cars... yet you always see them on the track, modified for hooning.

I suggest you guy buy a cheap discounted Chevy track car and move on.
Obvious you can't afford track tires, or oil coolers, or mods... and sounds to me, more like you need a cheap "turn-key" solution, for your tracking needs. And Chevy has the car for you. But being butthurt and complaining ad-nauseum about Ford not offering a cheap track car, doesn't fix your problem.

So either buy a GT350, or STFU and move on dude..

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Tell us what you're driving, and what track you're driving it at. Need more info.
2016 GTPP, suspension work and 200TW tires.

The tracks I go to are Palmer, Thompson, NHMS, Canaan, MoSport and Watkins Glen.

Besides the last 2, the others are pretty slow tracks with only getting over 100 for a short period of time on the single long straight. And I would say for the most part, overheating should not be a problem on slow tracks with an average driver in the car. However like I mentioned, this car usually does double duty of 25 minute sessions...so in the span of 2 hours it is on the track for 50 minutes and only gets about half an hour max to cooldown in the pits between runs. That right there I imagine causes much more heating issues than if you ran 20 minute sessions and had the car sit for several hours in between.

We're no pro drivers by any means, but the car does get pushed hard for what I consider long periods of time for a non dedicated endurance track car.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Yes they are. Because I lapped on 2 1LEs, same day, same track one with the GY one with Cup2. Cup2 is ~1 sec/mile faster.
LOL....No. Look dude, you have a 1LE owner who regularly tracks his car stating that he has tried 3 sets of tires on his car and saw no advantage on track from SC2's and you have a magazine test where they swapped 305 square Trofeo R's onto the 5th gen 1LE with negligible gains on track.

Buy a PP2 , sack up and solve the cooling issue if it arises or go buy a 1LE. It's really that simple.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Right. It comes with Cup 2 tires, but is not a track car. LOL.

Please tell me, under what circumstance does a Cup 2 tire perform better than the MPS4 in the PP1, except on a race track?
So just because you are trying to get a date with the local chevy dealers receptionist shouldn't get you all jacked up about a car you don't have. Maybe she will still like you even if you don't spew your cameowo nonsense here.

Seriously though, I can understand your anger to a point. Sure, they made a mistake with the GT350 since that car is really made to be a semi-dedicated track car. The PP2 is not a GT350. It is really meant for someone that wants to do some casual track/autocross stuff. Chevy did a good job with making the 1LE more robust for the track for sure. Maybe there will be another level like a true track pack for the GT once the GT350 is retired. To make one now would probably not make sense for Ford trying to sell the GT350.

My only advice for you is just to roll with it. If a more track oriented car is what you want, bet a 1LE or a GT350. Seems pretty simple to me and will reduce your blood pressure I think.

OP
OP

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Seriously though, I can understand your anger to a point. Sure, they made a mistake with the GT350 since that car is really made to be a semi-dedicated track car. The PP2 is not a GT350.
Actually, you are confused. The non-R GT350 is a 4-seat coupe with regular street tires that work well on the street. There is nothing in it to suggest "dedicated track car".

The PP2, on the other hand, comes from the factory exclusively with Cup 2 tires, that are only suitable for circuit/track driving. They are horrible on the street.

So you got it all wrong. The PP2 is much more track oriented than the (non-R) GT-350.

GT 350 overheated. Law suits were filed. Ford fixed it.

You should accept that PP2 overheats. Ford should fix it. I can't imagine why anyone not on the FOrd payroll is trying to debate that.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I can't fit in a Focus RS, but I can in a Type-R. I'm just glad they fixed the head gasket issue. Now they just need to tone down that ridiculous wing in a refresh of the Type-R and I'm sold.
Recaros too tight I guess? I'm 6' 175lbs (190 when I bought it) and have no issues.

Swapping seats would also work if that was the case.

OP
OP

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
LOL....No. Look dude, you have a 1LE owner who regularly tracks his car stating that he has tried 3 sets of tires on his car and saw no advantage on track from SC2's /QUOTE]

Can't speak for "a dude". If you can't get and keep the Cup 2 tires in their optimum temp/pressure envelop they don't work well. if you know how to set them up and drive them, they are great. I don't use it because my main criteria for track cars is longevity, since you can't win HPDE.

If Cup2 are no benefit on track, and we know it is horrible on the street, then why did Ford spec it on the PP2? To make it slower on track?

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
the-butthurt.jpg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Recaros too tight I guess? I'm 6' 175lbs (190 when I bought it) and have no issues.

Swapping seats would also work if that was the case.
Nah, the Recaros felt great. I'm 6'6" 220. All legs mostly. The steering wheel was rubbing my knee.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Actually, you are confused. The non-R GT350 is a 4-seat coupe with regular street tires that work well on the street. There is nothing in it to suggest "dedicated track car".

The PP2, on the other hand, comes from the factory exclusively with Cup 2 tires, that are only suitable for circuit/track driving. They are horrible on the street.

So you got it all wrong. The PP2 is much more track oriented than the (non-R) GT-350.

GT 350 overheated. Law suits were filed. Ford fixed it.

You should accept that PP2 overheats. Ford should fix it. I can't imagine why anyone not on the FOrd payroll is trying to debate that.
Errrrrr what? The PP2 is more track oriented than a GT-350 because of tires....lol.

I think you should just quit the internet.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.