IMG_0518 copy.JPG
Sponsored

Reactions: H44

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I was torn between the Black and Magnetic and ended up going black since I got a good deal on it. This is my first black car.

I will say that it is literally impossible to keep clean, BUT that is most noticeable at less than 20ft, (exceptions for bird poo which obviously are big white splotches and would be visible on most cars). I carry around a box of microfiber towels and two meguiers waterless cleaning products, the wash and wax and detailing spray, in my trunk. This allows me to basically give the car a full wash or partial wash when/wherever I am. The black also shows chips brightly as the base coats are lighter. I personally am planning to get some of the clear 3M vinyl put in the danger zones to try to mitigate further damage which I would recommend trying to get a dealer to throw in if possible. The car isn't too hard to wash in general as its not too big and there aren't too many crazy grooves behind the front fascia.

Also I will say that as far as aesthetic modding goes I think black is a bit different than other colors. I feel like most other colors you can slap some black parts, which are very common, on and that results in a nice accent in most cases. But what I have learned since owning the car (first black one don't forget) and trying to figure out where I am going with my style is that adding black to the black doesn't really accent it. It just kinda adds to it. That means unless you are going to go down the murdered route which is a tried and true good look IMO, then you have to find some other colored parts to accent the car with, which is partly why I'm half considering orange rims which is something I would have never seriously thought about before.

All that said I do really love my black and would make the same choice over again as I got a great deal on a great looking car. Also I am not sure if you've ever thought about it but the black on the car is far more complex than just calling it black would lead you to believe. For example I noticed the last time I washed the car that in bright sun light looking at the car up close you can see there are little blue flakes in the car which I thought was really cool as I hadn't seen anyone mention that in my research.

Honestly if you are truely and honestly torn given all the factors regarding different pros/cons I would suggest you go with the car that you get the best deal on as you will come to love the car no matter what color it is. (and you'll save a few bucks which you can put towards things that will make you love it even more)

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
There's nothing better than a clean black car, but I see why others hate owning one: its too hard to keep clean; so I guess I'm starting to rule black out...
There is no such thing as a clean black car... Unless maybe if you live and drive in a vacuum. I will say, if you do go black, get a California duster, they are a God send.

Not to mention how every defect/swirl shows so so much more than on a lighter color. It drove me crazy.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
There is no such thing as a clean black car... Unless maybe if you live and drive in a vacuum. I will say, if you do go black, get a California duster, they are a God send.

Not to mention how every defect/swirl shows so so much more than on a lighter color. It drove me crazy.
It really must be me, had a black Supra 2.8i years back, and was not that fussed about it, so when I saw the black and sliver combo for the CS, it had to be black. Black is a mean looking colour and on this car.
I spent 3 hours washing her last Sat, 10mins out and 2 puddles full of mud spots, I will get the mud off her on Sat. just a quick wash
even for me if she is dirty, she still looks bloody great, :D
After 10 months other than someone catching my door with their door, my paint is fine, no swirls. Even for weddings which i do, I don't go crazy. I did get the paintwork treated when i got her.
Can't see anything wrong with black

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I'm obviously biased:

My preference: (in order)
Lightning Blue,
Ruby Red Metallic,
White,
Yellow,
Red,
Magnetic,
Silver
Grabber Blue

Black is off the table... too hard to keep clean, shows scratches very easily, and very hot if you live in the south.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I chose grabber blue but see that wasn't an option so I chose magnetic as a go to second

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
#BlackStangsMatter

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Lighting Blue Hands Down

Its a great color !! Stands out, not the regular colors you see on every car.
Plus it looks diffetent depending what time of day it is (Sunlight). ;) :thumbsup:

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have magnetic, but if I had to do it again I would go with Lightening Blue

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Magnetic or Lightning blue but whichever
DON"T get black rims, both colours need the lift that comes from silver/nickel rims.
That was my one mistake and I regret it every day
Cheers

Nemes1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
I was deadset on black or magnetic when shopping for mine...until I saw white platinum. If these were the only three options, magnetic.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Black:thumbsup:

When looking for the car I promised myself I wouldn't get black- I was dead set on getting Magnetic but I found exactly what I was looking for in black (mileage, packages) and just went with it. Like others said when black is clean I don't think there is a better looking color. Either way, car looks great in just about all of the colors offered.
IMG_6958.jpg

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
LIghtning blue of course. Looks 20x better than black any time of the day, any picture, any camera, any set of eyes... it's just... lightning blue man. I have friends with black cars and will never own one after listening to what they go through.

Bluestang59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Kona Blue, sold 2017 GT PP1 Lightning Blue,,
I'm obviously biased:

picture.jpg

My preference: (in order)
Lightning Blue,
Ruby Red Metallic,
White,
Yellow,
Red,
Magnetic,
Silver
Grabber Blue

Black is off the table... too hard to keep clean, shows scratches very easily, and very hot if you live in the south.
LB all the way !
LB17PPCERMT (2).jpg
Sponsored