Cold air intake

Bflem55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I’m looking to purchase a cold air intake that doesn’t require a tube. The reason being if I do a tune it voids the warranty. With that being said I’m looking at either the air raid or the roush just wanted to see if it is worth the money to do it without a tune? Also what can I expect? Thanks
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I’m looking to purchase a cold air intake that doesn’t require a tube. The reason being if I do a tune it voids the warranty. With that being said I’m looking at either the air raid or the roush just wanted to see if it is worth the money to do it without a tune? Also what can I expect? Thanks
Do you have an 18+ or older model? If 18+ then the oem intake flows efficiently and keeps iats down. After market cai really doesn't offer any improvement especially with no tune and depending on design (open element vs closed) could lead to increases in iats. Add a free flowing drop in filter and call it a day. If you have a 15-17 then consider purchasing the 18+ oem intake as it's an upgrade over the 15-17 and still keeps iats down.

OP
OP

Bflem55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
that’s great to know I have a 2016 . So I would be better off to buy a OEM for a 18 plus than a air raid or a roush aftermarket? I’m not worrying so much about a HP gain the car already has plenty. If it sounds better and feels a little better in the throttle I would for sure do it.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The K&N CAI on my 2019 GT350 works great, no problems, and + 25hp.

jag7885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru WRX STI
If you are concerned with voiding the warranty, I would speak to the dealership before proceeding any further. They could deny warranty coverage if you modified the intake. Check to see what is considered acceptable. As stated above, a drop in filter would likely be the safest bet. Tuning a vehicle isn't only about maximizing power, but also running safely. The last thing you want is to run too lean when you're WOT.

Side note, Ford Performance does offer staged power packages, this could also be a good option

1 - Tune & K&N filter
2 - Tune & Shelby Gt350 intake, throttle body ( I currently have this)
3 - Tune & Shelby Gt350 intake, throttle body, intake manifold

Sponsored

SlowJunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
I had a roush cai on my 18 that the dealer installed before I bought the car. I never had any issues with it. Removed it last year when I installed my Whipple. It is still sitting in my garage if you want it. Has about 7k miles of use.

Schaferhund

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Klaus
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I had a roush cai on my 18 that the dealer installed before I bought the car. I never had any issues with it. Removed it last year when I installed my Whipple. It is still sitting in my garage if you want it. Has about 7k miles of use.
You still have the Roush CAI? $?

thanks!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of no tune rquired CAI out there. one of the better ones for example would be the Holley Injen.
Sponsored