Coilovers required for Whipple?

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys, so.... i’m going stage 2 whipple this year. I’m currently on the eibach pro kit and currently worrying about how much the nose may dip from the extra weight.

Upgrading to 20 inch rims - front: 285/35/20 - rear 315/35/20. Should I worry about any rubbing with the whipple added based on extra weight at the nose?

And honestly only considered the KW coil overs for added strength and also handling benefits, but I wouldn’t mind waiting out on coils for awhile longer if it’s not needed... No I don’t track the car.

Any help would be nice!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
b.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
I’m not sure how low you are now but the wheels and tires will have zero effect on your suspension height in regards to weight. The Whipple shouldn’t add enough to make a difference either.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m not sure how low you are now but the wheels and tires will have zero effect on your suspension height in regards to weight. The Whipple shouldn’t add enough to make a difference either.
hopefully not

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hey guys, so.... i’m going stage 2 whipple this year. I’m currently on the eibach pro kit and currently worrying about how much the nose may dip from the extra weight.

Upgrading to 20 inch rims - front: 285/35/20 - rear 315/35/20. Should I worry about any rubbing with the whipple added based on extra weight at the nose?

And honestly only considered the KW coil overs for added strength and also handling benefits, but I wouldn’t mind waiting out on coils for awhile longer if it’s not needed... No I don’t track the car.

Any help would be nice!
I'm only guessing here - I don't have any weight or actual spring stiffness numbers handy - but I suspect the supercharger will lower the front by about a quarter inch. By itself, that probably wouldn't matter. But you're also looking at tires that are an inch taller than stock, which closes up the tire to fender clearance by another half inch, for a total of 3/4" (20mm). Be careful where wheel offsets are concerned.

Norm
Sponsored