Regarding supporting parts for coilovers

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Exactly. Who really cares about what dampers you have at that point. Just take the stock coil to a chop saw and get whatever ride height you want. No need to pay extra to F up the handling of your car when you can do it old-school for free. It'll be sh!t, either way.
100% 😂. These posts make me cringe personally but I suppose every body likes what they like. I try to do things to achieve a functional purpose usually. But not everyone is like me - like trying to run 500lb. Front springs.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
was there a question? I think FP shocks are 12mm shaft, and B6 is 10mm so you'll need a reducer and a nut that works with B6 pitch (1.0?)
The B16 struts are designed to reuse the OEM strut mounts, which means they have to be the same diameter as OEM, but the length of thread may be different.

If they will work with OEM strut mounts, they should work with the OEM adjustable mounts.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Simple except that I already have the Steeda camber plates, that it looks like I won't be able to use with the B16. All the spherical bearing mounts use a reducer bushing to step the ID of the spherical center down to shaft diameter, so that isn't an issue, but the shorter length of threads on the B16 struts would be.

I seem to recall another thread where someone couldn't get full thread engagement using some combination of strut and aftermarket camber plates, but can't find it now.

So the GT350 (old style) or Dark Horse (new style) adjustable mounts from Ford appear to be the best option for B16 struts, at the moment. The Dark Horse mounts do have higher durometer rubber as well, so they should fall in between the OEM and aftermarket spherical mounts as far as NVH is concerned.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what's the nut torque figure? You can probably make them out of brass.
Sponsored