wazatataza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I usually just lurk around but have cant find solid answers on what I'm looking for.

I have a buddy selling his Cobrajet intake manifold along with the VMP 67mm TB and Pmas. But he had to cut his hood (no thanks) to make it fit. Of coarse I asked him if he went with the steeda engine mounts that lower your car. He said he didnt want to go with those because of the NVH.

Is it true that the Steeda lowering engine mounts make THAT big of a difference on NVH?

Is it worth the money to go to a CJ if I already have an 18 mani, and airaid CAI? Like is the difference worth the nearly 2k the unit is worth? Or should I just dish out the 5k on a supercharger/prochager and call it a day.

Car is a 2016 GT 6MT with FBO, 18 mani, LU47 and on PBD tune.

Thanks.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a billet OPG installed too? You'll need that in order to safely take advantage of the gains the CJ has over the 18 manifold, which is revving over 8000 rpm. Also, you will see improvements in power on your current setup with a different CAI (something with a larger MAF diameter and a velocity stack) vs the airaid. Even the OEM 2018 box would be, but so would the GT350 box, Roush for 18. Don't forget a Velossatech big mouth to remove a direct path of hot radiator wash into the inlet duct, regardless of which intake you use.

Here's an NVH-free way to lower the engine:
http://m.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1798

OP
OP
wazatataza

wazatataza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow just the response I was looking for. Ok I'll try out that velossa tech pieces along with a better intake. I'll look into the gt350 intakes and see how she behaves.

I dont have OPG. Current tune feul cut off is at 7850. I've been holding back in them for some time now just because of how tedious and frustrating that install looks. At least that's how it was with my header install. But really how often do they fail on NA coyotes?

Any reported valve float on coyote motors going over 8k? Need to aftermarket valve springs or gt350 valve springs if they even work?

Also... I guess I should just get a gt350 TB since I'm at it and take advantage of that large diameter?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I did a full cobra jet setup on a 14 gt. I would have gone a lot faster doing a converter and tire. Not worth it imo over 18 mani. Jmo.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I wouldn't personally go with the cobra jet over having an 18 manifold already, like stated already, not worth the extra money which could easily be spent elsewhere and see some bigger gains. Let me know if you want some idea where to head next at Lethalperformance.com

Sponsored

OP
OP
wazatataza

wazatataza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
do you guys think I'm really missing out on power like the Bmacil said with my current set up of a stock TB and airaid MXP?

Really appreciate the honest responses. ill browse the site for now.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
If you didnt already have an 18 mani Id say CJ but since you already do next step IMO is suspension, weight reduction and drag radials.

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I wouldn't personally go with the cobra jet over having an 18 manifold already, like stated already, not worth the extra money which could easily be spent elsewhere and see some bigger gains. Let me know if you want some idea where to head next at Lethalperformance.com
I was on the fence as well about the CJ on my 18 Mani, I am interested in the vortech but what else do I need to buy in addition to that? At the end of the day it seems more economically feasible to just go with the whipple since it comes full kit, right?

OP
OP
wazatataza

wazatataza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. Best bang per buck will always be FI. But it's just that you need alot of buck for that bang.

Fortunately I think I may swipe up a paxton or pro charger kit one of these days. Maybe if a member has a low mileage take off it would be a consideration....

But back on topic for now. CJ gains over the 2018 mani are minimal considering the investment seems to be the consensus. Now the first reply did say I was practically restricting what I currently had set up with the Airaid and lack of velossa tech scoop. What's the best option to go with then to get the most out of the 18 mani then? GT350 CAI?
GT350 TB seems to be a tunning issue for some. Is there a better option for larger TB besides a BBK or porting your own. Do 2018 TB differ from ours?
Just get a Pmas or something and call it a day vs my Airaid?

Thanks

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I went the budget route with slightly modifying the stock upper box (carbon trap removal) and opening up the grill area around the intake. I then added one of GPE’s ported 88mm throttle bodies and have been real happy with it. On e85 it rips.
Sponsored