Cobrajet intake manifold dyno

Aaryn293

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaryn
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
Cool good to know, thanks man. What bolt ons do you have? What TB? And is the CJ ported? Curious if you dyno what the power will be. Im hoping with full bolt ons on e85 to be right around 550whp.
Kooks catless headers, x pipe and res delete. It’s ported cj mandolid, vmp twin 69mm throttle body with module on pas side. Was gonna go monoblade but was advised by my tuner and by lethal performance that for daily driving twin blade is better. Also will dyno with and without e85. Hoping for around 550 as well then after this summer I’ll do the gt500 valve covers, crank sprocket and opg, and L&m cams. Supposedly L&m cams have a pretty good pick up on power so we’ll see if we can get close to 600 next winter
Sponsored

SCalla0490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
United States
Kooks catless headers, x pipe and res delete. It’s ported cj mandolid, vmp twin 69mm throttle body with module on pas side. Was gonna go monoblade but was advised by my tuner and by lethal performance that for daily driving twin blade is better. Also will dyno with and without e85. Hoping for around 550 as well then after this summer I’ll do the gt500 valve covers, crank sprocket and opg, and L&m cams. Supposedly L&m cams have a pretty good pick up on power so we’ll see if we can get close to 600 next winter
Nice man, that’s a sick setup. Definitely keep us posted on the dyno. Car will rip. I’ll be interested to see how it does with cams too.

Aaryn293

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaryn
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
Nice man, that’s a sick setup. Definitely keep us posted on the dyno. Car will rip. I’ll be interested to see how it does with cams too.
For sure! ill post all the results whend one, ill try and get some videos as well. Cams will most liekly be next winter since theyre 2k lol

Rob-17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP, 2020 F350 Powerstroke
I am in the process of doing that right now. Just waiting on cold air intake
2C89A78F-663C-4228-BD7B-2E696970D5F8.jpeg
What cold air intake did you end up using? Any photos of the engine bay after completed install? Dyno results?
Thanks!

five2vudu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow Shelby GT350
I have the gen 1 manifold on mine. I have Steeda adjustable mounts to lower it, but it still slightly touches/rubs right on the "racing" manifold logo.
engine2.jpg

Sponsored

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
Do you know of someone that has done the L&M cams?

Aaryn293

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaryn
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
Do you know of someone that has done the L&M cams?
I have to try and find the page but I guy on Instagram with a procharged orange gt350 has the l&m cams. Just can’t find his page now lol he’s who gave me the idea cuz it actually makes it sound cammed, along with the lockouts

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have to try and find the page but I guy on Instagram with a procharged orange gt350 has the l&m cams. Just can’t find his page now lol he’s who gave me the idea cuz it actually makes it sound cammed, along with the lockouts
If you run a cam with overlap and lock out the phasers, then it is cammed. The whole point of the phasers is to try to optimize both low rpm and high rpm conditions.

Sponsored

five2vudu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow Shelby GT350
Does the Gen 2 manifold sit any lower than the Gen 1?

Aaryn293

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaryn
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
Does the Gen 2 manifold sit any lower than the Gen 1?
I don’t know. I don’t have a gen 1 to compare with. But you do have to lower the engine for the gen 1 and you have to lower the engine for the gen 2 as well. Or cut the hood

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It's a woeful and embarrassing product release from Ford. Near as anyone can tell, the new "gen2" CJ intake doesn't really solve or improve anything meaningful. It begs the question, why should anyone buy the gen2 instead of the OG? Is it markedly cheaper? Does it fit under the stock hood? If the answer to both of those is no, and any power/performance differences are incremental, then it begs the question, WTF were you trying to do?

Aaryn293

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaryn
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt350
It's a woeful and embarrassing product release from Ford. Near as anyone can tell, the new "gen2" CJ intake doesn't really solve or improve anything meaningful. It begs the question, why should anyone buy the gen2 instead of the OG? Is it markedly cheaper? Does it fit under the stock hood? If the answer to both of those is no, and any power/performance differences are incremental, then it begs the question, WTF were you trying to do?
No clue what they were trying to do. Before it came out, the gen 1 was very expensive since it had been discontinued so the gen 2 was significantly cheaper when it came out. I wanted to do a cobra jet n/a build before boosting it and was not gonna pay 4K for the gen 1 cj so when the gen 2 was nice since its was cheaper. Worked for changing up my car since all the 350’s in my area are stock and the same so I wanted to change things up and piss off the purists
Sponsored