Cobb Stage 1

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hey everyone, I am a couple months out from being able to get my protune, but my accessport just came in the mail. It has me tempted to go OTS stage 1 until I can get my car tuned by PD. Has anyone had any experience with this tune? Is it good enough to run for a few months?
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Leave the Cobb stuff for Subaru.

93coupe/stroked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost base auto metalic
install Cobb stage one 91 octane and go have fun........................!

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Have you done any mods to your car?

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you are eligible for stage 1 and 2. - ignore the Cobb intake requirement. stock box + kn or afe filter is fine.

1 is high flow filter
2 is intercooler.

posting 1/2/3 for your understandings.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 3.13.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 3.13.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 3.13.53 PM.png

OP
OP
MattSin97

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
I read that Stage 1 packs a little more power down low than Stage 2, have you heard this? I was thinking of going to Stage 2 since I have the support mods, but I've been reading that Stage 1 is actually a little better for DD.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I mean it makes sense, little more torque, but what an freer flowing cat and exhaust allows for higher hp and power up high. as its spooling more.

but stage 2 and 3, should have the same torque down low, and more power to climb higher with freer exhaust and intercooler

but. 1 shouldn't be better than 2.. because 2 is same thing but allowing more power put down with intercooler and the tune for it.

thats what I feel. 1 should be weakest, 2 3 should be incrementally stronger. look at the dynes I posted above

OP
OP
MattSin97

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
I mean it makes sense, little more torque, but what an freer flowing cat and exhaust allows for higher hp and power up high. as its spooling more.

but stage 2 and 3, should have the same torque down low, and more power to climb higher with freer exhaust and intercooler

but. 1 shouldn't be better than 2.. because 2 is same thing but allowing more power put down with intercooler and the tune for it.

thats what I feel. 1 should be weakest, 2 3 should be incrementally stronger. look at the dynes I posted above
Yeah, I saw that, but I've also read that Stage 2 doesn't really feel all that better. I'll try both and see.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
use what you are modded for.
1 filter
2 filter/intercooler
3 downpipe.

thats how id rock it. I dont know if after you flash if you have to drive awhile to relearn the oar or whatever too. if it feels super weak, it prob needs some miles to relearn the stuff

OP
OP
MattSin97

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
use what you are modded for.
1 filter
2 filter/intercooler
3 downpipe.

thats how id rock it. I dont know if after you flash if you have to drive awhile to relearn the oar or whatever too. if it feels super weak, it prob needs some miles to relearn the stuff
I heard that it is instantaneous, but who knows. There's a lot of stuff on the internet lol. I will keep everyone updated. I'm still trying to fix my boost leak. I tried to tighten all the clamps from charge pipes to intercooler, but it still sounds pretty bad. I'm going to have to take it in to get it fixed.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I heard that it is instantaneous, but who knows. There's a lot of stuff on the internet lol. I will keep everyone updated. I'm still trying to fix my boost leak. I tried to tighten all the clamps from charge pipes to intercooler, but it still sounds pretty bad. I'm going to have to take it in to get it fixed.
cant do anything with a boost leak. gotta get to that first before you can compare anything

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I run Stage 0 (stock) in the winter months mainly because I run skinny 215/65-17 Michelin X-Ice Snow tires. Snows will be on a couple more weeks but just tuned her back to "stage 1 91" and an immediate night & day difference !! And now need to be careful with the skinny tires.

Never tried the Stage 2 as I did not go all COBB.
But do have a Green Air Filter, Mishimoto Intercooler, and Stainless Works Cat-Back which should make the cut so I'll have to try it out once the UHPA/S tires/wheels get swapped back on.

Doug

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i jumped from stage 1 to stage 2 without changing air filter/intake. They also say stock exhaust or catback, since my car has active exhaust with no resonator i figured it was acceptable. Weird i just noticed all stage 3 maps have been removed from cobb website. I still have stage 3 on my AP but i dont plan on a DP and would prob go pro tune before then anyway
Sponsored