Cobb Stage 1 questions

2019EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Planning on going on stage 1 cobb on my ecoboost next week, gonna do the drop-in filter but the car is otherwise bonestock. Anything else I should change or upgrade to safely run the tune? Dont want any ecoboom lol what things should I monitor that would indicate trouble on my gouges or accessport?
Car is a 2019 ecoboost, manual transmission! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Planning on going on stage 1 cobb on my ecoboost next week, gonna do the drop-in filter but the car is otherwise bonestock. Anything else I should change or upgrade to safely run the tune? Dont want any ecoboom lol what things should I monitor that would indicate trouble on my gouges or accessport?
Car is a 2019 ecoboost, manual transmission! Thanks in advance!
Change the spark plugs regularly along with religious oil changes with full synthetic 5w-30. I also recommend gutting the PCV and running a UPR Dual valve catch can. These are just some simple mods to prevent the "ecoboom".

OP
OP

2019EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Change the spark plugs regularly along with religious oil changes with full synthetic 5w-30. I also recommend gutting the PCV and running a UPR Dual valve catch can. These are just some simple mods to prevent the "ecoboom".
Awesome, how often do you change the plugs? My oil gets changed every 8k kilometers, should i do it more often?

Should I be monitoring fuel air ratio and cylinder temperatures too? Not sure what those numbers should be, if theres an online guide you can link me that would be great!

Thanks!

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
10K miles or every other oil change is a good interval. Plugs are cheap. I ' personally' change oil every 3,000 miles but I'm tuned and drive hard in a hot climate. Plugs and oil are things this car loves to eat.

Charge Air Temperature, Ignition Correction for any of the cylinders, Air/Fuel Ratio & Boost Pressure are probably the most popular gauges that people like to monitor.

Most smart people opt for an upgraded intercooler for their first real mod but with you being in Canada and fall approaching I'm not sure the stock unit would be the gaping weakness it is for someone like me. But you can still benefit greatly from a small, but upgraded aluminum intercooler and it shouldn't effect your tune in any negative way.
Sponsored