Sponsored

Clutch Line Upgrades

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Has anyone used the McLeod braided clutch line, as opposed to the SR (which has bad reviews) or the Steeda? I like that the McLeod has screw-in fittings, as opposed to the line being integrated into the fitting, like the Steeda. Unfortunately, American Muscle's website shows the McLeod clutch line as being for 04-17 V8s, but then as a question answered that says it's only for up to 2014 V8s.

Second question: Anyone using this Steeda Clutch-to-Master Cylinder supply line? Worth it? I figure that while I'm doing the clutch line, and need to bleed the clutch, I might as well do this at the same time.

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-...er-Supply-Line-Upgrade-2015-2020_p_15616.html

JR
Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have a McLeod on order. I told Beefcake to throw in a stainless line with my clutch kit and that’s the one he ordered. Will let you know how it turns out

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I ordered both, will be installing next week. Hopefully they work well. I'm not having issues, but if I can eliminate one weak link, easily, I'll do it.

JR

Geobuk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum Ecoboost Mustang PP
I installed the steeda clutch line on my eco and it really made the clutch feel a lot more engaging. Took a while to bleed the system though.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sve over at lmr also make line. Just ordered one today. 65 shipped. Also the hose for the reservoir to master is 5/16 epdm. Steeda kit isn't bad deal and convenient.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I have both, actually, from Steeda. Biggest improvement was the braided line. Together they have made the clutch much more predictable and consistent. Those long needle nose pliers with 90* ends will be your best friend when swapping the clutch line if your hands are very big.

Last edited:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I did both at the same time. I went with JPC for the clutch line since they are local and a little bit cheaper. Much better feel.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I got my McLeod line on with my new clutch and shifter. It’s quite a bit longer than the original, and isn’t formed like the original. I’m not thrilled with the way it lays on the back of the valve cover and has to loop around near the bellhousing. Puts a bit of pressure on the fittings at each end. But, it seems to work fine and doesn’t leak.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I got my McLeod line on with my new clutch and shifter. It’s quite a bit longer than the original, and isn’t formed like the original. I’m not thrilled with the way it lays on the back of the valve cover and has to loop around near the bellhousing. Puts a bit of pressure on the fittings at each end. But, it seems to work fine and doesn’t leak.
The steeda line is a bit longer than factory as well. I've got mine secured at the back by the firewall so it takes the pressure off the connection under the master cylinder and also takes up the length so there's not excess hanging by the transmission either. This also keeps the line off any part of the engine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
If you run the line from the transmission all the way to the firewall, there won’t be any excess slack. The LMR installation video shows it being connected under the brake booster. Steeda includes the correct instructions for their clutch line.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Just went out and looked at how I had it router. I didn’t even realize there was still an extra piece of hard line to remove, and that it should go to the firewall right underneath the reservoir feed line. Duh. I’ll re route it.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Re routed the line and I’m much happier now. In removing the hard line between the master cylinder at the firewall and that other spot where the plastic line started, I’ve now eliminated another connection point so that’s one less spot it can ever leak. Fits much better now. Glad you pointed that out, can’t believe I missed it initially but I’ll blame it on being focused mostly about getting the trans back in place.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ford had broken the clip in half on the hardline to master connection at the firewall on mine. The svo line runs from slave to master and removes all hardlines.

Was skeptical at first but the clutch feel is definitely more centered on the pedal travel as well as consistent. Having to readjust my left leg movement know. Catches a bit earlier on the pedal travel and im letting it out in that region too quick. Previous the engagement point was bit higher on the pedal travel

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
And getting that clip on the firewall connection was a pain. 30 minute job if not for that clip
Sponsored