nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Recently replace my flywheel and clutch with Mcleod RXT (left factory bearing) had some issue with transmission install, but believe everything is good, even after 600+ miles break in i still get alot of noise very noticeable in reverse, video is just trying to feather the clutch on a slight uphill reverse scenario you can really hear it. thoughts? Advice?

2019 MT82-DT
Sponsored

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Hi
Did you ever get this fixed ?
I’m having exactly the same problem on a brand new Bullitt now with 6000km on the clock. Did it since it left the showroom.
Dealer says it’s normal but surely it isn’t?.

OP
OP
nrm101

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi
Did you ever get this fixed ?
I’m having exactly the same problem on a brand new Bullitt now with 6000km on the clock. Did it since it left the showroom.
Dealer says it’s normal but surely it isn’t?.
nope the internet conclusion was it was normal for these RXT clutch i guess, some report no issues, but there seems to be a lot that say its normal. If your Bullitt is factory ITS not normal, because the factory twin discs have springs in them...

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Thanks for coming back.
Yeah all factory, done it since I left the showroom and got progressively worse since. Won’t do it when cold but after a bit of driving the noise appears. Only in 1st and Reverse.

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
nope the internet conclusion was it was normal for these RXT clutch i guess, some report no issues, but there seems to be a lot that say its normal. If your Bullitt is factory ITS not normal, because the factory twin discs have springs in them...
I have an rst and it is the same. Its how they are due to having no springs in the friction plates. You have to keep the revs a little higher and that stops it. The more i get used to it the less it happens.
Sponsored