Sponsored

Clutch Chatter Performance Pack GT

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
Just wondering how many of you are experiencing clutch chatter or 'backlash' from the transmission and/or clutch.
I have taken my car to 2 different dealers, the first dealer said it was normal due to how the teeth in the gears are cut.
The 2nd dealer just called me and said its normal backlash because the transmission is made to row through the gears quickly.
The noise has gotten progressively worse over the past 1k miles. This happens in 1st, 2nd, and reverse.
Sometimes it feels like the clutch is trying to grab while making the noise with the clutch petal fully disengaged and it makes the car jerk.
I had taken the car to get lowering springs via Kurgan motor sports over the summer and he also commented on the clutch chatter.
I'm heading to the dealer now to speak with them.
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
No chatter here. Take a video if you can. You might need to find a different dealer too.

OP
OP
ramairgt1

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
They were able to duplicate the noise on another car, although not as loud. Since its documented I will live with it until it gets worse.

Brad2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
I noticed a little when I was letting out clutch at very low rpm, I raised rpm on start up and it went away after a few miles.
Sponsored