Sponsored

Clutch chatter/issues

White_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Oxford White GT w/PP
Hey guys, I have had my 2017 GT w/PP for a little over 2000 miles now and I have been having some weird issues lately when taking off in first gear. I removed the clutch assist spring at around 500 miles and have loved the feel of the clutch after doing so. Haven't had a single problem with the clutch until yesterday. As soon as I started backing out of the garage, I heard/felt a weird pop/clunk. I stopped for a second, got out and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, so I got back in the car and pulled out of the driveway. Upon taking off in first gear, I got a decently strong chatter/jolting feeling and every time I took off in first for that whole drive there were some varying levels of chatter. I didn't notice anything weird when shifting between gears. The drive returning home was not nearly as bad - maybe only one time when I noticed any sort of chatter when starting in first. I drove around my neighborhood for a few minutes coming to several stops and the issue seemed to be completely gone.

Not really sure what's going on or if it's anything to worry about, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this before I bring it in to my local Ford if the problem comes back up.
Sponsored

jester1x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost - Base, Oxford White, 6MT
I'd recommend getting a Steeda spring or a Steeda spring & perch combination. Sounds like your clutch isn't disengaging completely due to the missing spring.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I would add a spring before the throw out bearing is chewed up because of the pedal not being fully released.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i get some light chatter almost cant hear it in like 2nd gear under 1000 rpm. only after the car is hot. but it performs fine. i took it to dealer anyway. they are pulling transmission to investigate.

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
When mine chattered, it was the clutch disc that was bad. The torsion springs were broken. It chattered on and off a few times in 1st gear. Then got so bad that I couldn't even let the clutch out.

Sponsored

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Mine chatters while disengaging the clutch in first or reverse every once in a while as well. Already have 23k miles on the car so I'm scared to bring it to the dealer as they may try to charge me...

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I know this sounds ridiculous but, even though I've auto-x'd, road coursed, drag raced, mountain run'ed, and daily driven my car with my OEM clutch, I can't wait until it dies so I can put something else in, because, even though it's working fine, it makes me nervous. Paranoia about this thing. My Subaru transmission was known as "made of glass" and I was less worried about it... haha.
Sponsored