Sponsored

Clutch assist spring????

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Why bother? This car has been engineered to the nth degree by the qualified Ford engineers and tested to death, and here we have buyers ready to re engineer it.
That's what I originally thought as well until I drove a friend's gt 5 litre 2015 and it had the same awful clutch in it. 10 second spring mod removal and I love my clutch now. The light lifeless feel causes random jerky shifts and the odd stall as well lol.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
I ordered the Steeda spring last week the night i came home with the car. Clutch felt very light and different than what i was used to. 200 miles later Ive gotten used to it but will change to the Steeda spring this weekend and see if i like it better. Also putting on the Track Pack spoiler this weekend. :headbang:

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I ordered the Steeda spring last week the night i came home with the car. Clutch felt very light and different than what i was used to. 200 miles later Ive gotten used to it but will change to the Steeda spring this weekend and see if i like it better. Also putting on the Track Pack spoiler this weekend. :headbang:
I love my Steeda 35# clutch spring on my Shelby GT350 if you order it, do so you will not be disappointed with this clutch spring..... Thanks Steeda for another fine product....... :thumbsup: and thank you David for all you do for all of Mustang guys and gals...... :cheers: :thumbsup: John

gleek48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
On a GT350, does it replace the two springs and plastic spacer or just the larger spring (while retaining the spacer and smaller one)? Thanks!

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
On a GT350, does it replace the two springs and plastic spacer or just the larger spring (while retaining the spacer and smaller one)? Thanks!
Discard both factory springs and remove the white plastic spring seat as well. Use only the upper and lower mounts with the steeda spring

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
The 35# spring should be standard equipment. You don't realize how bad the stock set up is in feel till you swap the spring. By far the easiest mod I've ever done. No tools required

Last edited:

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Save your money and the correct feel of the clutch. Remove the stock and don't replace it!!!
Unless of course you carry the weight of your foot on the clutch pedal while cruising down the road.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Save your money and the correct feel of the clutch. Remove the stock and don't replace it!!!
Unless of course you carry the weight of your foot on the clutch pedal while cruising down the road.
Yeah, I'm not too sure about completely removing the spring altogether without replacing it with something else. I've read you could potentially damage the slave cylinder and some have reported a general sloppy feel to the clutch w/o any type of spring.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Funny how people think you can just remove the spring and be good. Lol you guys out smarted the Ford engineers! Woo hoo. My 2cents is its there for a reason and removing it will cause damage. Your clutch most likely won't fully disengage either. I'm very interested in the steeda spring but curious if it puts extra wear on clunch or any other components. Yet since it's from STEEDA it's gotta be full proven mod and shouldn't put extra wear on components but I'd like to hear from out buddy's overthere at steeda. I'm sure they will chime in.

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
The 35# spring should be standard equipment. You don't realize how bad the stock set up is in feel till you swap the spring. By far the easiest mod I've ever done. No tools required
Is there any pics on how to do this? I hate the way the clutch feels and I would love the clutch tighter.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Is there any pics on how to do this? I hate the way the clutch feels and I would love the clutch tighter.
The Steeda 35# clutch spring, comes with a nice set of instructions you will be fine with the instructions that come with the Steeda clutch spring, the big thing is have the right needle nose vise-grips to take off the stock clutch spring off your car. Very easy to put the Steeda spring back on the car, and your done ready to roll down the highway...... :cheers: John

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Only tools i needed were my 2 hands et voilà. Very easy.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Agree with above. The vise grips aren't necessary if your hands can exert moderate force.
Sponsored