Sponsored

Clutch assist spring????

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
You bet. It's amazing how different a cheap mod like this transforms the driving experience.
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Dan,

Can you confirm the part number 555-7022, I was trying to order it from the Canadian web site (Steeda.ca).

Thanks

Kev
Yep, that's the right part # :thumbsup:

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Wow kinda messed up they raised the price right when I was going to order.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
dumb question does replacing the stock spring with steeda's make the clutch lighter or heavier?
some says it is lighter others says it is heavier than stock.

confused.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Easy solution here guys,,,,, just take factory one out,,,,,, done.
Both my PP and 350 are gone and they both feel great! The slop in the top of travel is so small it's not even noticeable.
Just pull them out save your time and $

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Easy solution here guys,,,,, just take factory one out,,,,,, done.
Both my PP and 350 are gone and they both feel great! The slop in the top of travel is so small it's not even noticeable.
Just pull them out save your time and $
LOL and let your clutch go boom once pedal stops rising all the way up.

Sponsored

No Pulp

AV8R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT350 Track Pack
The force to push the pedal is the same. To me the Steeda spring (or no spring) takes away that weird spot in the middle of the pedal throw where the clutch starts to grab. Makes it easier to modulate and not look like a noob when pulling up your driveway.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Why bother? This car has been engineered to the nth degree by the qualified Ford engineers and tested to death, and here we have buyers ready to re engineer it.
I generally agree with this statement with regard to just about everything in life. Someone smarter/more experienced than me designed this.

However..we should keep in mind that this car was designed to appeal to a very broad demographic. We're talking (my guess) age 16 to 60, male and female. I think their goal would likely be to make this a car that the non-tuners would be happy with, and a car the tuners would be able to alter to their liking, but starting with that good base vehicle. The clutch is heavier without the spring. My wife is learning to drive a stick shift and she isn't a fan of the pedal. I have the spring out completely. She would have REALLY hated the way it engages WITH the 185lb spring in there. I hadn't driven a stick in 15 years and was getting pretty smooth with it most of the time, but after almost a month of looking like a retard every time I ran over a bump while easing that last bit of the clutch up when taking off, I had had enough.

I bought the spring from steeda to swap in, but unfortunately I broke the plastic mount (despite specifically trying not to break it). The needle nose vise grips slipped off and the spring opened back up, breaking the top mount. If I disengage slowly there is about 1/8" of slop left in the pedal travel, but I've just gotten in the habit of pulling up on it with my toe once I hit the gear I want. It doesn't fall back down. If someone makes the mount available for purchase at some point I'll probably get it. That's purely paranoia talking. As far as I've seen, no one has provided any proof or evidence or a valid theory that leaving the spring out will cause any harm. It's just been an opinion. I'm no engineer, but my lizard brain says "what can a little pedal slop do that pushing on the pedal isn't doing 1000 times more forcefully?" The weight of the spring-less pedal isn't enough to activate clutch.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
LOL and let your clutch go boom once pedal stops rising all the way up.
How will it go boom? What damage is occurring? This is a genuine question..not being a smartass. Other than "it MAY cause damage from pressure on the seals", I haven't seen anything valid presented. How? What seals? What are they doing when the force of the pedal going down completely is happening? I haven't seen a pic or diagram or anything.