Gomocha350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mime
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350
Hey there all!

I bought a 2017 gt350 a little over a month ago with 6300 miles.

I noticed when I got it there was a clunk when I turned the wheel. Initially chalked it up as a minor issue and figured the tires needed a bit to warm up. Didn’treally think much of this because the sound goes away when you get up to speed.

However it’s recently started happen more frequently and wanted to see if anyone might have some insight as to the cause and possible solution?

The sound seems to come from the right front tire (passenger).
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there all!

I noticed when I got it there was a clunk when I turned the wheel. Initially chalked it up as a minor issue and figured the tires needed a bit to warm up. Didn’treally think much of this because the sound goes away when you get up to speed.

However it’s recently started happen more frequently and wanted to see if anyone might have some insight as to the cause and possible solution?

Clunks when turning the wheels sitting still?

OP
OP

Gomocha350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mime
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350
Sitting still and at low speeds

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Did you check the end links and sway bar bolts on that side?

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Also check the upper spring seats. I am dealing with something similar. When the car was up on the rack we discovered that when the previous shop has done the spring swap they must not have reassembled the spring seat right and they are askew causing some binding / chunking under the same circumstances as you

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP

Gomocha350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mime
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350
Thanks for responses.
I actually scheduled a time at the Ford dealership near me to take a look and hopefully fix it. I’ll bring these as possible problems.

Im not one to wrench on cars often so figured I’d leave suspension stuff to the professionals. Bummed it’s less than 10k miles but it is what it is! I’ll report back with what they discover

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Thanks for responses.
I actually scheduled a time at the Ford dealership near me to take a look and hopefully fix it. I’ll bring these as possible problems.

Im not one to wrench on cars often so figured I’d leave suspension stuff to the professionals. Bummed it’s less than 10k miles but it is what it is! I’ll report back with what they discover
I had this as well. What lowering springs do you have in there?

2021 Mustang GT Premium - Recently lowered with Steeda springs 0.5" but now I get a thump

I did remove the videos but it's exactly as you described.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
it’s actually stock
Doh!! So what caused my issue was the front springs were slightly shorter than they were supposed to be. A bad run for the Steeda Minimum Drop springs caused them to be about 1/4 to 1/2" shorter at the top of the spring. This buggered my strut bearings at the top and caused things to clunk when turning the wheel.

I only noticed it at very low speeds (like pulling out of a driveway or pulling into a parking spot) as well as when the car was sitting still.

Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Hey there all!

Same here. My ‘16 GT350 with 30k miles had a clunking sound coming from the right passenger side suspension only when turning at low speeds. Ford’s dealer replaced the seat spring, the bearings and seal assembly, and the magneride shock which was leaking. The cause was stuck or frozen bearings in the upper seat bushing or seat assembly. It took 8 weeks to get all the parts and get the car back. Running like a champ again. W/o warranty that’s a thousand dollars plus job.

OP
OP

Gomocha350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mime
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350
Ended up getting it repaired under the warranty I had:

turns out it was a strut mount issue. Car was out of commission for about 6 weeks but we’re back!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ended up getting it repaired under the warranty I had:

turns out it was a strut mount issue. Car was out of commission for about 6 weeks but we’re back!
Strut mount it is! LOL…. Yea, it’s been a common premature failure on quite a few S550’s…. But glad it was fixed and you’re back on the road again!
Sponsored