Closed

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I cant go back to the original post to confirm but I thought you said the crank broke at a very high RPM and did NOT indicate that the engine had been disassembled or that anything else was known about it.

This thread sucks. Another case of someone asking a question but already knowing what they wanted to hear...so not really asking a question. Then gets all wierd when people answer based on what little information was provided.

Whatever.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I appreciate the opinions and would be happy to update the thread but it seems as though very few actually paid attention to the details I provided. The heads aren't trashed, it didn't drop any valves and the block is serviceable. My friend would be building the engine, sleeving it and replacing all the valvetrain with upgraded stuff, a very specific scenario.

I built a brand new engine, sleeved and fully built, so im well aware of what it costs to start from scratch with no block, heads, pan, cam covers, intake etc. I'm not really interested in giving this engine away because the damaged components aren't part of this specific scenario.
Valves don't have to be dropped to be ruined. Below is a picture of a piston that was pulled out of my running race engine. 12 valves ended up being tweaked, 6 pistons were all messed up, etc. We ended doing an entire piston/valvetrain replacement because the originals were compromised.

My point is, this wouldn't have been known without a full tear down done by the builder.

From what I am seeing, no one is telling you to sell it cheap - they're saying it should be opened and confirmed before selling in order to not screw over the buyer.

IMG_0025.JPG

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What should have been done is the OP hit the report button and ask the mods to delete the thread.....

OP
OP
ReapSow

ReapSow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 and 1996 Cobra
I get it honeybadger, I've always appreciated your posts and input. What I'm saying is the piston/valvetrain replacement you had to do is a moot point as he would be doing it anyway.

I will tear it down and report back for those that want to learn. I dont want to screw anyone over, including myself.

Thanks

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach-E
I cant go back to the original post to confirm but I thought you said the crank broke at a very high RPM and did NOT indicate that the engine had been disassembled or that anything else was known about it.
Yes that's what I recall as well.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I will tear it down and report back
There you have it. Looking forward to seeing a detailed breakdown on disassembly.
Sponsored