Sponsored

Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I personally know many in TX on the radio. We play on 6, but you got to have a lot of watts :)
Ahh well that would explain a lot. I'm lo fi for sure.

Thanks for the heads up though if I want to start doing that upgrade. I just migrated over to ALPs so I have to add more money to my toy fund. Probably go BCT996X first then see what's happening on the CB end. But that'll mean a tail whip. I had a 72 Larson on my vette and it really got in the way so I'd only put in on for road trips.
Sponsored

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Speaking of Prius's, I had to go around one on the way home today. Rolling 10 under the speed limit is irritating AF

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Aptly dubbed: "Prius" -- Almost got destroyed by me. I could see the oncoming lane was clear so rather than slam on brakes I just went around figuring they just didn't see me. In reviewing it, honestly I maaaaybe could of stopped if I did so immediately, but that just annoyed me and didn't want to risk it lol.
Person driving the Prius is an idiot. Didn't take time to assess the situation before pulling out ... probably one of those idiot drivers that are always in a hurry to get nowhere. I think going around was the best move ... locking the brakes might have resulted in a T-bone.

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
Person driving the Prius is an idiot. Didn't take time to assess the situation before pulling out ... probably one of those idiot drivers that are always in a hurry to get nowhere. I think going around was the best move ... locking the brakes might have resulted in a T-bone.
Hah yes.. I thought so too -- they inch up like they're looking both ways only to go out in front at the last second. They just miscalculate my rate of approach and go out in front while not looking in the direction of oncoming, figuring at worst i'll just stop for them (not always possible). Happens a lot when people are merging slowly onto the freeway into my lane too lol.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
you and i have the same driving style. i woulda went around the prius instead of stopping as well.

Sponsored

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
you and i have the same driving style. i woulda went around the prius instead of stopping as well.
Well what do you know. Up until three years ago I also lived
on long Island (Nassau county) for most my life. :)

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
LOL figures, south shore nassau here

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
GT Pony said:
Person driving the Prius is an idiot. Didn't take time to assess the situation before pulling out ... probably one of those idiot drivers that are always in a hurry to get nowhere. I think going around was the best move ... locking the brakes might have resulted in a T-bone-
Hah yes.. I thought so too -- they inch up like they're looking both ways only to go out in front at the last second. They just miscalculate my rate of approach and go out in front while not looking in the direction of oncoming, figuring at worst i'll just stop for them (not always possible). Happens a lot when people are merging slowly onto the freeway into my lane too lol.
What's going on is that Spoiled Brat Drivers are too used to assuming that their way is cleared for them every minute of every day. So they just slide through stops, pull out in front, change lanes and bog you, etc. etc.

Stupidity and carelessness both lead to eventual accidents.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Here is a video I took in my Focus ST a couple years ago, definitely a pucker moment.

[ame]

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What's going on is that Spoiled Brat Drivers are too used to assuming that their way is cleared for them every minute of every day. So they just slide through stops, pull out in front, change lanes and bog you, etc. etc.

Stupidity and carelessness both lead to eventual accidents.
Unfortunately, educating them by running into them is too much hassle or expense.

I've often considered mounting a paint gun in the grill for such situations. And these days, it could even be fully automated by wiring it into the collision warning system. ;)

Having to deal with the paint on their car should reduce repeat offenses and for those that just leave the paint on, future drivers are at least forewarned by the numerous paint splats on the car.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Unfortunately, educating them by running into them is too much hassle or expense.

I've often considered mounting a paint gun in the grill for such situations. And these days, it could even be fully automated by wiring it into the collision warning system. ;)

Having to deal with the paint on their car should reduce repeat offenses and for those that just leave the paint on, future drivers are at least forewarned by the numerous paint splats on the car.
BRILLIANT.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Here is a video I took in my Focus ST a couple years ago, definitely a pucker moment.

Nice save! I've dodged so many in WV and KY in my life and hit a few and had a few run into the side of my vehicle. My verbal reaction is generally "FFFFFFFFFFF******K I HATE DEEEEER!" Was that in a mustang? I see it's an older video. It's a nimble car regardless.

I don't think a lot of the country understands what an amazing nuisance deer are in this area of the country. I've seen people excited by seeing one by the road and all I'm doing is giving it the stink eye and watching it contemplate running across the road because it lacks the intelligence or maybe depth perception to understand what's hurtling at them at interstate speeds.

Deer are a mystery to me. You can be out hunting in full camo with doe piss all over you (not me) and if you even so much as drop a fart at 100yds out they'll hear it, smell it, and have seen the back of your pants ripple and be on their way out before you can even process what happened. But they can't look both ways before crossing???? STUPID ANIMAL.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nice save! I've dodged so many in WV and KY in my life and hit a few and had a few run into the side of my vehicle. My verbal reaction is generally "FFFFFFFFFFF******K I HATE DEEEEER!" Was that in a mustang? I see it's an older video. It's a nimble car regardless.

I don't think a lot of the country understands what an amazing nuisance deer are in this area of the country. I've seen people excited by seeing one by the road and all I'm doing is giving it the stink eye and watching it contemplate running across the road because it lacks the intelligence or maybe depth perception to understand what's hurtling at them at interstate speeds.

Deer are a mystery to me. You can be out hunting in full camo with doe piss all over you (not me) and if you even so much as drop a fart at 100yds out they'll hear it, smell it, and have seen the back of your pants ripple and be on their way out before you can even process what happened. But they can't look both ways before crossing???? STUPID ANIMAL.
It was my 2013 Focus ST at the time, not the Mustang. The ST is quite a flick-able car and drives like it is on rails, I'm not sure that same maneuver would have went so well in a Mustang or most other cars.

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Deer have literally ran into my car crossing a road, when I was stopped at a traffic sign. Ran straight into my front fender/mirror bounced off like an idiot when I wasn't even moving.
Sponsored