Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Well that sucks, the sedan will be 100% at fault since the center lane is not a passing lane.
It's a left turn lane, he's allowed to drive there if he's about to make a left turn. I think? Although he should have noticed the other traffic braking and anticipated something like this, I guess he's either a bad driver or wasn't paying attention.
Sponsored

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that's not a simple one to sort out who's at fault. It's not clear why the car was in the turn lane or if it has right of way there. The white SUV was making a left turn onto the roadway and definitely doesn't have right of way.

Assuming nobody was seriously hurt, Insurance will probably say they're both 50% at fault and move on quickly.

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Do you get youtube comments from people asking to use your video in their video compilations?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yeah, that's not a simple one to sort out who's at fault. It's not clear why the car was in the turn lane or if it has right of way there. The white SUV was making a left turn onto the roadway and definitely doesn't have right of way.

Assuming nobody was seriously hurt, Insurance will probably say they're both 50% at fault and move on quickly.
This is one situation where being courteous can fuck up someone's day. I generally won't let people out that are attempting a left turn. They simply cannot see on coming traffic in the outer lane. Mind you, nobody expects an ass-hat to be flying down middle common turning lane.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
This is one situation where being courteous can fuck up someone's day. I generally won't let people out that are attempting a left turn. They simply cannot see on coming traffic in the outer lane. Mind you, nobody expects an ass-hat to be flying down middle common turning lane.
I wouldn't even attempt a left turn during rush hour like that SUV tried. I'd find a different intersection that has a light, even if it means having to drive longer. People can call me a coward if they want, but I've seen too many close calls.

Another problem is there's way more SUV's and trucks on the road (even compared to only 10 years ago) so it's harder to see.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
This is one situation where being courteous can fuck up someone's day. I generally won't let people out that are attempting a left turn.
Reminds me of a close call I witnessed on a similar 4-lane road. As required by law, I had stopped at a crosswalk to let a woman, her toddler, and baby carriage cross the street. Another car came flying by and nearly struck the carriage.
It was just a close call, but it stuck with me.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
I'm sure he'll claim he was in the turn-only lane because he was about to make a left.
It's the Infinty's fault. If they waved the Tahoe through it's their liabilty. They also should not have stopped to a vechicle that did not have right of way in the first place. The actions of the Infinity caused the chain reaction. Learned the whole waving a driver thing in a defensive driving class; when you signal that a car can go that does not have right of way, you own the result.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the Infinty's fault. If they waved the Tahoe through it's their liabilty. They also should not have stopped to a vechicle that did not have right of way in the first place. The actions of the Infinity caused the chain reaction. Learned the whole waving a driver thing in a defensive driving class; when you signal that a car can go that does not have right of way, you own the result.
One of the guys who worked for me was on his way to work one time when someone going the other way stopped and waived a person at a stop sign out from a side street. The other driver didn't even look, drove straight through the intersection, and T-boned our employee as he drove through the intersection with no stop sign and the right of way.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, the BMW driver in his/her natural habitat with no turn signal.
She missed that SUV by inches, and only because the SUV switched lanes into the oncoming traffic side.