Climate Controlled Seat Question

Spydrbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2
I notice that my seat remembers the last state it was in when I turn off the car. So when I start it again, the seat heat or cooling is on again as it was when the ignition was turned off. My truck and my wifes edge do not work this way. Is anyone aware of a setting or option to disable this?
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I notice that my seat remembers the last state it was in when I turn off the car. So when I start it again, the seat heat or cooling is on again as it was when the ignition was turned off. My truck and my wifes edge do not work this way. Is anyone aware of a setting or option to disable this?
It's in your gauge cluster settings.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
F5501C36-2686-427B-AFAD-CA8C8B46F39E.jpeg

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Right next to the block of ice butt / 900 degree back button...

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am sure someone at Ford got confused with Drive Mode and Driver Mood. :) Would have loved for the Drive Mode to remember where it was last set.

Sponsored

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
Yeah mine remembers the cooled seat setting too (i assume its on heated as well, but i never really used it) So i would call it "by design", none of my other cars do that... Maybe they got alzheimers.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Yeah mine remembers the cooled seat setting too (i assume its on heated as well, but i never really used it) So i would call it "by design", none of my other cars do that... Maybe they got alzheimers.
More like a easy bake oven. pretty smart indeed..remembered to keep my last meal warm.
Screenshot_20211104-153642_Google.jpg

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It's not a climate control seat in the sense of Mercrdes etc....it's just a fan pulling floor level air in and pushing in treated air through seat perforations and standard heating elements for heat.
It’s actually opposite. It’s pulls air downwards through the perforations causing evaporation cooling.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
It's not a setting you can adjust, but if two 2015+ Fords display different behavior it is likely that you can compare the as-built data from Forscan for both and one of the differences will be the one you are looking for. Will take a lot of comparing and the willingness to change each one individually until you stumble across it though.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's not a climate control seat in the sense of Mercrdes etc....it's just a fan pulling floor level air in and pushing in treated air through seat perforations and standard heating elements for heat.
I haven't actually checked how they work in the Mustang, but I did check in my former Mondeo. In the Mondeo the fan didn't pull just any kind of air into the seat, but cooled air. There was an air conditioning duct under the seat, just below the fan, and the climate control would direct cool air to it when you turned on the seat cooling feature. Secondly, there were Peltier modules in the seats.
I would expect them to use the same system in the Mustang as well. Don't they?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I haven't actually checked how they work in the Mustang, but I did check in my former Mondeo. In the Mondeo the fan didn't pull just any kind of air into the seat, but cooled air. There was an air conditioning duct under the seat, just below the fan, and the climate control would direct cool air to it when you turned on the seat cooling feature. Secondly, there were Peltier modules in the seats.
I would expect them to use the same system in the Mustang as well. Don't they?
They don't, it's just a fan through a little duct on the bottom of the lower cushion. Whether that's for weight or cost savings I'll let you decide.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Strangely, they seem to me to be comparable to the Mondeo in regard to their performance (or lack thereof). That's why I assumed it must be the same system.
I tried to look underneath the seat, but there's not enough room to stick my head and a flashlight in there. :frown:

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The T.E.D./Peltier is indeed part of it.
The Mustang seems to lack a couple of things:
1) a vent in the seat for the hot air generated by the TED to be expelled.
Some people have fabricated some venting to assist in this.

2) a floor duct underneath the seat, but the AC on floor setting works.

Cooled seat alone won't generate cold air for too long as the heat created by the TED gets trapped and pumped through the seat if there is no sufficient way to move it out.

It works a lot better with the AC set on floor to push cold air towards the seat to assist it.
Sponsored