Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah mine are recessed a bit on top but my factory ones were about the same .It’s the only lines that are a bit off on my car . All the rest of my panels are straight and even but top inside corners of tailights are recessed a bit, not bad for a Flat Rock mustang ! Some I’ve seen on lots with horrendous gaps all over the car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thank you. I was hoping a CA member would respond. :rockon:
California vehicle code 26400 E says taillights shall be red in color.

there’s also tons of vehicle codes against window tint (for example) that aren’t followed very strictly…

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
California vehicle code 26400 E says taillights shall be red in color.

there’s also tons of vehicle codes against window tint (for example) that aren’t followed very strictly…
Emit a red light. Clear is legal as long as when you hit the brakes its red in color. I live in Cali as well and just installed my vlands and they are stamped dot sae

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Emit a red light. Clear is legal as long as when you hit the brakes its red in color. I live in Cali as well and just installed my vlands and they are stamped dot sae
DOT is federal, CVC is state.

“(e) Taillamps shall be red in color and shall be plainly visible from all distances within 500 feet to the rear except that taillamps on vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1969, shall be plainly visible from all distances within 1,000 feet to the rear.”

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=24600

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
DOT is federal, CVC is state.

“(e) Taillamps shall be red in color and shall be plainly visible from all distances within 500 feet to the rear except that taillamps on vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1969, shall be plainly visible from all distances within 1,000 feet to the rear.”

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=24600
The law isn't specific enough to state "lenses or emitted light" and as far as I know if something is molded with the DOT stamp then it is safe/legal to use on all public streets in the US.
If something is federally legal I do not believe states are able to say "well its not legal here"
States cannot nullify federal law .
Sponsored

Last edited: