Sponsored

Cleaning Rear Window Glass (Inside).

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any tips, tricks or recommend tools for cleaning the rear window glass on the inside ?

Ive have done awkward cars before but this one takes the p1ss, mostly due to the confined space in the back of the car before you even get to the window ...

No idea how the tint guys get on doing the rear window ... :shock:

Comments appreciated :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 5 and 11 year old, perhaps I need to put them to work this weekend ... :cwl:

WD :like:

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Sponsored

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, I find I start with the flipped hand cotorsion technique than switch to this to get to the bottom. It annoys me the least that way! I so far haven't found a better way to get to the bottom of the rear windshield though unfortunately.

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
I open the trunk and lay the seats flat. Then I climb through the trunk and lay on my back. Makes getting to the very bottom of the glass very easy.

Don

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Wow, never thought of laying the seats down and going through the trunk. I'm going to try that! I also use the invisible glass wand and that's a real help overall.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
As @kenbert points out I use the same - here it is on UK site
Invisible Glass Reach

But throw the original towel away - for windows I use a microfiber towel that I stretch onto the pad with a stapler - works like a charm! :clap:

I can also recommend using a rain repellent on all windows - yeah even the rear window - it makes the outside easier to clean in the future and when driving in the rain it just... repels it... surprise! :crackup:

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I open the trunk and lay the seats flat. Then I climb through the trunk and lay on my back. Makes getting to the very bottom of the glass very easy.

Don
Now that's some brilliant thinking outside the box stuff right there. Easily top tip of the year. Thanks :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I hated cleaning glass until recently. The key to crystal clear windows is in both the technique and products.

Firstly, the glass should be cool to touch, not fresh from baking in the sun. It's also important to have the correct cloth. Waffle weave microfibre is best for glass cleaning to help prevent smears, one for the initial wipe and one for a follow up buff.

For glass cleaners, I love Gyeon Q2M Glass and CarPro Eraser and have had great results with Stoner Invisible Glass.

sep152.jpg

For the interior windscreens, do yourself a favor and get a Stoner Invisible Glass Clean & Reach Tool. These things help limit the impossible body contorting needed to do windscreens. Anyone with a S550 Mustang will understand the pain of cleaning the rear screen. Spray the glass cleaner onto the tool head, wipe up and down then buff with the second cloth.

sep158.jpg

sep159.jpg

sep1510.jpg

jun305.jpg

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
No ammonia in the invisible glass? (Tinted windows)

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'2" @ 220 lbs. Even with the Stoner Invisiglass tool it is still a PITA.
Sponsored