CJPP unbranded axle-back?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Every muffler ever made drones to a certain extent.
Straw man. There are several mufflers made specifically for this car that will not drone in the rpm ranges that people actually drive them. My car will get the slightest hint of resonance at 1250 rpm in 5th or 6th (50 rpm less or more and nothing at all). That's well below usual cruising rpms of the 1500-2200 range, where it doesn't have any.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:shrug: Seems to be a debate without a winner. I've read the Corsa claim and gone through the reviews. Most report no drone, but if you dig deep enough you will find some that have taken the system off because of drone. I'm referring to all makes and not just the Mustang. The double x-pipe to me sounds tinny and raspy at higher rpm's, and others love it. It's their preference and I'm glad we have a lot of choices to choose from.

Gotta go with Wildhorse on this one, all mufflers emit reverberation and drone, albeit some less than others.
Every correctly installed system of theirs doesn't drone. I've driven or ridden in 6 between the Sport and Xtreme. Two of them with headers or cat deletes. No drone.

Mufflers don't emit reverberation. Structures/enclosures have resonant frequencies. A properly engineered muffler for a particular car can have no drone. It's acoustics engineering. You can find the frequency range at which the trunk/cabin is sensitive to resonance, and then you design in 1/4 wave (Helmholtz) resonator(s) to selectively cancel those frequencies. It does work. They're not the only manufacturer that does it, though their method is unique in design. AWE also does it. Solo Performance, albeit in a more rudimentary/simple way.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, if the exhaust system of your choice causes reverberation inside the cabin would have been a better choice of wording. I'm hoping this thread doesn't turn into a word definition debate. In your previous post you stated there was some resonance with your system. I'll stay in the yes camp on all mufflers have some drone, resonance, reverberation, etc... including OEM.

It's great to hear that you are happy with your choice, not downing Corsa, just not for me.
Yes, it has a small amount in a region of the rpm range and vehicle speed that is not common or useful. As with everything, there are compromises. They made a compromise that there would be some at a very specific spot in order to prevent any in the area where the engine sits the most. I'm not at all trying to convince anyone to buy it that doesn't like the sound, but I am responding to the assertion that all aftermarket exhausts will drone (in usable rpm ranges). That's simply not true. A typical can with muffler packing will have a nice deep sound but definitely will cause drone.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I just can't justify spending 1200 buckaroos on a axleback for a certain sound. Right now I'm content with my tri y, H-pipe, and stock mufflers. Which sounds fricken awesome to me fwiw.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
If Bills [MENTION=27640]bjstang[/MENTION]CJPPs unbranded experiment doesn't work out, I think I am gonna go with the suggestion [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] made to me a few posts/page back.

AWE would probably be as good as it would otherwise get for me.:)

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Sounds good. It has the bolt on tips like Corsa and Roush, but I guess you would have to look pretty hard to see them. Are you thinking axle backs only?
Yes Bill, at the moment axles only.....but that may change.:D Hell knows everything else I have planned has changed....:doh:

I kinda like the 'bolt on tip' idea. I think it would be better for a more accurate alignment. And if I ever wanted to change tips (hell knows why....but as I stated above:D ) it would make it easier for changing.

But let see how the CJPP's work out first....:thumbsup:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I've found it, no need to look any further. Using the latest in drone reducing technology this is a no drone system. In other words, the exhaust is so loud you couldn't hear drone if you wanted to. Just kidding, this is what the car sounds like with the h-pipe and a short section of tailpipe. My wife has already voiced her displeasure with this set-up.:D

In person it's deafening, and you can actually feel the vibration in your chest if you get close enough. Does have a deep tone though.
I can only imagine it live.... I don't think my wife would appreciate it either. She likes a deep rumble, but not over-the-top.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

bullitt4204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
"No-Rain" Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2001 Mustang Bullitt
Subscribing. I thought the no-name system sounded the best in my opinion! Let us know when CJPP tells you they have them in stock again
Sponsored

Last edited: